[Resolved] How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support How do I install and activate my addon?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    Georg

Hi, I can’t upload my adons GP Premium. After starting the upload I get this messages:

Installiere Plugin aus Datei: generatepress.1.3.09.zip
    Entpacken des Pakets…
    Das Plugin wird installiert…
    Das Paket konnte nicht installiert werden. Es wurden keine funktionsfähigen Plugins gefunden.
    Die Plugininstallation ist fehlgeschlagen.

Which means (more or less):
    Can’t install plugin. Could not find working plugin.

I followed the instructions, what can I do now?

Yours, Georg

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Georg,

This should help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/plugin-install-failed/

Let me know 🙂

Georg

Your right, thanx!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Ted van Vliet

Tom i did abusivly buy menu plus while i get lifetime gp premium updates. Forgot about that sevice. How can i get that undone?

Ted

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Send me an email to support@generatepress.com with the email you purchased it with and I’ll refund it 🙂

2fer

Hi Tom,
    Is there any way to upload the plugins if your /uploads/ directory structure is customized? On the domains where I have installed the GeneratePress Theme and Child Theme, I ran into this once before here: My Post from last April and worked around it because I was not using the media library heavily so I could edit the few images’ locations and then reset it to the default /uploads/ directory and the upload went OK after that.

I’m asking because I’m trying to talk a friend with a very large old WP site into switching to your theme, but I know that he has set the uploads to go to /uploads/year/month/ because of the high number of images used. He can’t roll that default upload folder back to /uploads/ because he is concerned that a lot of images could be broken. It would take years to edit all the image src URIs. Can we manually ftp the .zip into the plugins or even the /uploads/ folder? I ask before he buys so he knows whether to go ahead. Thank you so much for the great work and super support!
    2fer

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You should be able to upload all of his images into the proper directories using FTP.

GP shouldn’t have any issues with the uploads directory – it just uses whatever default is set to WP (we don’t do anything special with uploads).

2fer

Yes, GP uses the default /uploads/ directory, but the settings for the site were changed back in 2008 and it is set to upload to /uploads/year/month/ so GP addons install fails. That’s why I asked if it is possible to ftp the addons .zip file to the child-theme /plugins/ directory and install it from there?

There are a few thousand images using a non-default directory structure and the GP addons will only upload to the default directory. Changing the directory structure after 7 years could cause some problems. That is why I’m asking if the addons zip can be manually uploaded rather than installed via the default directory?

That’s why my attempt to upload last April failed, it was set to use a different directory structure than the default /uploads/. As soon as I changed it to use /uploads/, I could install without problem. For me it was no problem because I don’t use the media library to manage my images. In his case, there are several hundred images using that custom /uploads/%year%/%month%/ directory structure.

Thank you,
    2fer

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Gotcha!

In that case, you want to unzip the gp-premium.zip file to your computer, so you’ll have a folder named: gp-premium

Then, you’ll want to upload that folder to wp-content/plugins/ via FTP.

Once that’s done, you can go to “Dashboard > Plugins” and activate the plugin.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

2fer

Thank you, I so appreciate your help with this. It seemed reasonable, but I wasn’t sure if that was going to work OK.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – glad I could help 🙂

Kevin Rice

I have installed the GP-Premium plugin and activated it, but I am not getting an option in Appearance for GeneratePress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So GP Premium is activated, but you don’t see any options to activate the add-ons in “Appearance > GeneratePress”?

Kevin Rice

That is correct.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 192 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I install and activate my addon?’ is closed to new replies.