[Resolved] How do I install and activate my addon?

Home Forums Support How do I install and activate my addon?

• This topic has 191 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 192 total)
  • Author
    Olivier Brisson

Hi Tom,

I also encounter some problems with the activation of the addons i bought on a freshly installed WordPress blog (Version 4.0).

Here are my infos:

Payment: 18003
    Payment Status: Complete
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Date: August 24, 2014
    Subtotal $20.00
    Total Price: $20.00

The stange thing is that i activated at the same time the addons on an other WordPress (3.9.X) without problems. Really hope that you can help me. Scincerly, Olivier

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Olivier,

When you click verify, nothing happens?

If so, can you email me at support@generatepress.com with your details so I can take a look at why our servers won’t talk to each other?

Thanks!

Zachary

Hello!

I just bought the $20 add-on package. All the files were downloaded to my Macs download folder and Im not sure what to do now. I go to the add new section in plugins but keep getting an error message. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You need to save the .zip files to your computer instead of open them.

In Windows you right click and save file as.. So whatever the equivalent of right clicking is with is a Mac is what you want to do when clicking on the download link.

Then save the file and upload it.

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Chase

I downloaded the super package and installed the addons as plugins, but they don’t show up anywhere on my dashboard or in my customizer, the activate addons portion of the generatepress page just has a link to buy the addons, there’s no where to enter my email.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

As long as the plugins are active in the “Plugins” section of your Dashboard, and you have GeneratePress activated, you should see the fields appear in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

It sounds live the plugins aren’t active.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Chase

I downloaded the super package and installed them onto wordpress as addons but they don’t show up anywhere and the generatepress page doesn’t have the email activation option. please help

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Chase,

Are you sure the plugins are activated?

If GeneratePress is active, and the addons are activated, then the email field will show up.

You can verify by going to “Plugins” in your Dashboard – make sure the addons are activated.

Let me know.

Chase

No all the plugins are active

Chase

Yes, all the plugins are active. the addon activation section of the generatepress page just says I dont have any addons and it gives me a like to buy them.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, ok – if you’re sure they’re active, can you email me at support@generatepress.com with temporary admin login info so I can see if I can find the issue?

Thanks.

Chase

No offence Tom, but I don’t know you and I’m not a trusting person.
    I assure you all 11 addons are active but the email activation does not come up on the generatepress page. When I purchased them I saved them to my computer and uploaded them to wordpress as plugins. I didn’t sign up for an account i don’t know if that makes a difference, i would assume it wouldn’t because it said it was optional. I appreciate you help but access to the website can’t happen. I hope we can figure this out another way.

Chase

Is it possible there is a plugin from another company that may hinder or complicate this possess?

Chase

* process

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can appreciate that, but then there’s not much I can do but speculate.

There’s hundreds of people who have installed the plugins without any issue, so it may be a plugin interfering – however from a code point of view, I don’t see how that could happen.

Once the plugins are active, they speak directly to GeneratePress and display the field for your email.

Are the features of the plugins showing up in your customizer?

I guess you can try deactivating your other plugins and see if that makes a difference.

Let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 192 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I install and activate my addon?’ is closed to new replies.