- This topic has 235 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by argosmedia.
October 10, 2014 at 12:09 pm #38450TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
So I wanted to create a thread that would discuss possible future addons.
I’d love feedback from people using GeneratePress, and also wanted a place to voice my own ideas.
So I’ll start it off:
1. Landing Page: An addon that allows you to turn pages into unique landing pages, meaning you can adjust the container width of that page, change the background color, background image and so on.
2. Shortcodes: An addon that adds tons of shortcodes, like buttons, tabs, toggles etc..
3. After Header Widgets: The same widget areas in the footer, but below the header/navigation.
4. Borders: An addon that allows you to add borders to all of the elements.
I have some other ideas, but I’ll start off with those three.
I would love feedback and ideas if you’re willing!
Thanks! 🙂October 16, 2014 at 4:18 am #39464mathou
Have you read in my mind ????
I can’t wait for this addons =)October 16, 2014 at 12:10 pm #39600TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperOctober 21, 2014 at 6:23 am #40617Stephane
Sticky navigation and special login menu.
Great works!October 21, 2014 at 9:28 am #40651TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperOctober 22, 2014 at 8:51 am #40904Darkman
Since it is my first post to say that I love the theme and support 😀
These four addons that you mentioned are very good looking, but mainly shortcodes would be quite interesting. Especially if they can be used in widgets for example to create tabs and so put comments, latest posts, tags, … in the same area widget.
Or … an addon for that? =)October 22, 2014 at 8:52 am #40906Stephane
A Top Panel login would be great or a pop-up login.October 22, 2014 at 10:03 am #40925Mizanur
Here is my two cents:
A GeneratePress Frontage Builder with the help of widgets/shortcodes will be great.
[Frontpage Left] [Frontpage Middle!] [Frontpage Right]
and then add GeneratePress Frontpage Builder widgets/shortcodes to populate the page.
Thank you. 🙂
MizanOctober 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm #41043TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperOctober 22, 2014 at 6:11 pm #41080Ralph
How about footnotes? I’m currently using ManFisher footnotes, but modifying fonts, etc. is not as simple as I would like. Tying footnotes to your Typography addon would be fantastic. Thanks!October 23, 2014 at 12:53 pm #41278TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperOctober 25, 2014 at 4:00 pm #41736Yes_Papa
Using Bootstrap FrameWork could be great perhaps.October 25, 2014 at 5:36 pm #41744Ralph
Yes_Papa, I really appreciate your suggestion. Sadly, however, you have clearly mistaken me for someone who has any idea of what he’s doing! My knowledge of CSS extends to knowing what the words in the acronym are, and when it comes to Java, I know it came from Sun and everyone talks about it.
That’s why I’m hoping Tom can develop an integrated footnotes addon, because his work insulates me from anything resembling ‘code.’ But thanks for the thought!October 26, 2014 at 1:57 pm #41847Yes_Papa
Ralph!? I’m not talking about your idea!!! 😉
I’m just completing my christmas wish-list for TOM for future add-ons, like:
– sticky navigation ;
– login panel (like this : http://para.llel.us/themes/salutation-wp/) ;
– global search wordpress and buddypress ;
– and a question to TOM: what do you think about implementing Bootstrap?October 26, 2014 at 2:15 pm #41855Yes_Papa
I’m just seeing you are using unsemantic framework. I look at it. It Seems to be great and lightweight.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.