Home Forums Support Future Addon Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can actually achieve a lot of these styles already using the header and navigation layouts, however I do have some plans for some other header layouts (left/right sidebar etc..).

I like the second example more (less clunky, uses the Customizer), but it still seems a little heavy and wouldn’t integrate with the current options GP does have.

I hear you though – some sort of preset option that sets the appropriate options for you to achieve different layouts would be very useful.

Thanks for the ideas 🙂

Kim

‘Intelligent’ desktop-to-mobile menu system

Hi! This is following up on a recent support thread. I would love an ‘intelligent’ desktop-to-mobile menu system. What do I mean by that? In desktop view I like to have the most important menu items in the header/navbar, and the less important ones tucked away in the Slide-out menu. But in mobile view, when the Slide-out becomes my only menu, I’d like all menu items to be ‘gathered’ there automatically. Hope that makes sense:)

Best, Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Kim

Yes, it does! I was thinking of something incorporated into the menu-options, like ‘Put all items in Slide-out when in mobile view’:)

A little side note: The method you described works as desired on desktop and mobile, but not in tablet (the menu items still ‘double up’). You can try it out here if you like. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best, Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use the hide-on-tablet class to hide items on tablets.

Kim

Should’ve guessed that… Thanks!

(Would still be great to have this as an option in the Customization panel in a future addon though… :))

Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll definitely see what I can do 🙂

Luiz Paulo

“duplicate” button on sections.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes that would be very cool – and is a definite possibility since the Sections update 🙂

Warner

Hi Tom,

I haven’t read all the ideas and suggestions in this thread and at the same time I am busy reading the docs and playing around with GP Premium to find my bearings (just joined the GP Premium family yesterday), so tipically being me; all over the place.

With this introduction I have excused my self on forehand for being an idiot that has not discovered this existing possibility in GP or the GP plugins, so here it comes…

Is there a way to include/integrate one or both of these methods to either the GP theme or GP extensions/plugins;

Webfontloader

Font Face Observer

Webfontloader to remove the render blocking Google font, making it async, and Font Face Observer to avoid the FOIT.

One could always add the needed JS in the footer on a case-by-case basis (not forgetting to manualy specify the font-face(s) of choice), but maybe you are able to create a method/function that automagically adds the choosen font-face(s) from the customizers font-family array into the Webfontloader JS file.

Let me know if this is a usefull idea or not. If I am annoying you with complicated edge-case request, you have my permission to revoke my license key and keep the money!

W.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Very useful! I’ve looked into Webfontloader before, but as you mentioned it comes with a couple drawbacks. Appreciate the nudge towards Font Face Observer – very interested.

Will definitely do some research. Anything that involves increasing performance grabs my attention.

Thanks again! 🙂

Luis

Ok i have an idea. It will be very nice to make this theme have optios for SEO, that way we dont depend on SEO plugins, if everybody agrees with me, is no only the less plugins we use on our websites but the less money we spend on plugins for premium, i think themes should have seo optios like for example the focus keywords meta tags meta descriptios and some of the options plugins offer that way it will be e better structure for the website.

also be able to fully customize the woocommerce

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The problem with SEO options in your theme is if you change themes, you lose all of your SEO data – that would be bad. SEO is one of the things I think is definitely plugin territory.

Next version of GPP has a full WooCommerce add-on 🙂

Luis

hi there im very happy with the generatepress. one thing that will make it even better is that if can add feautres lie yoast in the back end for SEO. my mentality is less plugins better. it will be a great feauture on the generatepress if can can do SEO stuff to it to maximize the website only using the generatepress

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Things like SEO should definitely be in plugins in my opinion. If at some point you switched themes, all of your SEO (meta descriptions etc..) would disappear. That would be a huge pain to re-do in your new theme.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.