[Resolved] show all menu items when in mobile view – how?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] show all menu items when in mobile view – how?

Home Forums Support show all menu items when in mobile view – how?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kim

Hi!

First of all Generate Press is the most ingenious WP Theme I’ve ever used, and I must have tried hundreds. Thanks! I have a question about menus: I’ve got 3 menu items in my Primary Menu and 4 more in the Slideout Menu. When in mobile view only the 4 in the slideout menu seem to be available (in other words the 3 items from the Primary Menu seem to disappear). How can I make it so that all menu items are available in mobile view?

Best,

Kim

Jamal

Hi

You can create two menus and name them “Desktop Menu” and “Mobile Menu.

1.In “Desktop Menu” put your 3 menu items to be shown before the mobile menu is initiated and set theme location as “Primary Menu”

2. In “Mobile Menu” put all the 7 menu items and set theme location as “Slideout Menu”

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/

Kim

Hi Jamal and thanks for your speedy reply!

If I understand you correctly, what you suggest is sort of what I’ve done. But that means, in desktop view, 4 of the items are now “double up” – occurring once in the Desktop/Primary Menu and once in the Mobile/Slideout Menu. That seems like unnecessary clutter. Is it somehow possible to avoid this, and instad have:

Desktop view = 3 menu items in the Primary Menu + 4 items in the Slide-out Menu
    Mobile view = all 7 menu items in Slide-out Menu

??

Best, Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, so you’re using the slide-out menu on desktop as well?

Hmm..

So your “Primary” location should only have those 3 items.

Your “Slide-out” location should have all 7 items.

Then, the items in the slide-out you don’t want on desktop, give them this class: hide-on-desktop

That will make it so those slide-out menu items only display on mobile.

Kim

Hi Tom! Yes, I need a secondary menu in an easy to access location in desktop view, and the Slide-out seemed like the best option. I’m afraid I’m not very code savvy – if you could point me to some info on how to add classes that would be great!

Best,

Kim

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kim,

If I follow this correctly, you could create a new menu with the 4 items and set it to Secondary Menu in Manage Locations. Then you can customize the location using the add-on: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/secondary-nav-overview/

Let me know if this is what you are after.

Kim

Hello again, I figured out how to add classes and everything now seems to be working as hoped for. Thanks guys!

Best,

Kim

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we can help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.