[Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.5

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    donna

sure I am sorry I thought I did non techy that I am. πŸ™‚ hee hee

David

No caching tools/plugins were on the site during the issue. As soon as Extender was turned off, the alpha update suddenly became available – as did an update for Elementor Pro.

Antar,
    Here’s something you could try. I know that with other themes I use, the execution priority may be important for a hook. It may be a timing issue with two things fighting for resources. In the following example, see the number 10. That’s the default hook priority. To make your function execute sooner, you can try a number lower than 10. If you want it to execute later, you can try a higher number.

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','tu_beta_tester', 10 );
    function tu_beta_tester() {
    	add_filter( 'generate_premium_beta_tester','__return_true' ); 
    }

Cheers, Dave

vr51

Tested 1.5 beta 2. Looks nice but the blog page changes are breaking changes.

The new blog layout is problematic for the customizations I make to many sites. I like tidy rows i.e images that fit a specific WxH proportion (e.g. 350×225) and titles with a minimum height. This prevents posts appearing out of step as they display down the page.

The problem with 1.5 is that the new image resizer does not resize images the same way that the previous resizer did. Image proportions are being respected but they return unevenly sized such that instead of all images being the same width and height they are now all the same width but with proportionate heights. See here for an example of what I like to accomplish http://growingupbilingual.com/ with regard to uniform image sizes and headline heights.

As suggestions,

1) Add option to specify the image dimensions for the featured post.
    2) Add option to specify the global image dimensions for the in-column posts at various break-points + option to set maximum height of the image section.
    3) Add option to choose whether to resize/crop.
    4) Add a class to the top featured post so it can be targetted with CSS easily.
    5) Add option to specify the minimum height of the post title heading.
    6) Add color options for the various elements of the post grid.

I like the new global header options page. Useful to be able to set a global header for the various taxonomies and archive pages. This is what I was looking for when I discovered 1.5. Maybe include an option to add multiple headers (stacked) and include a per post/page option to either replace the global header or place a header above/below the global header.

I look forward to trying the next beta.

Antar

1) Add option to specify the image dimensions for the featured post.
    2) Add option to specify the global image dimensions for the in-column posts at various break-points + option to set maximum height of the image section.
    3) Add option to choose whether to resize/crop.
    4) Add a class to the top featured post so it can be targetted with CSS easily.
    5) Add option to specify the minimum height of the post title heading.
    6) Add color options for the various elements of the post grid.

+1 from me

Jumbled, non-uniform image sizes look untidy – which makes a site look untidy!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Image sizes should be cropped just like they were before if both image dimensions are set.

The new resizer resizes the images when the server resources allow, which should be on the first or second load of the page with the images. If that’s not working, can you open a support topic with a link to your site?

Image size/alignment of the featured post is a good idea. For now, you can do this quite easily with a filter: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/featured-image-in-sticky-post-big-others-small/#post-385733

The featured post has this class applied to it: featured-column

Really appreciate all the feedback! πŸ™‚

vr51

Thanks Tom. Will open a support ticket. It is a live site that receives a lot of traffic so I’m only able to keep 1.5 active for short periods, then after deactivation/rollback I’ve to reconfigure some settings for 1.43. Will add ticket in a couple of hours.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be best to set up a quick staging site on the same server? That way you don’t have to worry about messing with your live traffic.

arabsworks

Dear Tom,

Any update for RTL will there be a permanent solution in 1.5 as I did not see anything on new changelogs.
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/rtl-solution-with-gp-customizer/
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/custom-menu-direction-in-rtl-language/#post-360851

Thanks,

Enrico

Hi Tom,
    I installed GP 1.5 BETA 2 and I can not disable or activate any Gp Premium add-ons.

I have tried to reactivate all the site with my key but is the same. Activation or deactivation of add-ons don’t work

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not too sure what you mean? You can’t activate any of the add-ons in “Appearance > GeneratePress”? What happens when you try?

Enrico

I try to activate or deactivate and nothing happen.

I see a green text on the top that say add on activated but is not true.

This happen only on one site, the other site with 1.5 had no problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you show me a screenshot? That part of GPP hasn’t changed at all in this update.

Enrico
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What makes you think they aren’t activated? Looks all normal to me?

Enrico

I can not activate or deactivate the add on, if you see on the top left side it say add on deactivated but is not

It could be a previous problem in my sql db since is a lot of time I didn’t activate or deactivated add ons.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘GP Premium 1.5’ is closed to new replies.