[Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you start a new topic?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Zach!

1. I’ll take a look at this.

2. This will be coming in our borders add-on πŸ™‚

3. Very fancy, something like this might come in a future version. For this update, I’m keeping it simple.

Really appreciate your feedback!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Zach – #1 is fixed in the next version of the theme, which will be released shortly after GPP 1.5 πŸ™‚

Ophir

Hey Tom – just starting to build out a blog focused site with 1.5. Haven’t run into any errors – looks good.
    Not sure of the scope of other Blog improvements coming with 1.5 or beyond. My wish list would be for built in easy options to:

1.) Add and style an about the author photo/bio box at the end of post page.
    2.) Add and style social share this post links/buttons at the end of post page (currently using GP hooks and shortcode and in some cases conditionals. Even just post and archive page specific hooks could make it easier)
    3.) In addition the ability that already exists to turn these on and off, would like to customize the icons or replace them with text for categories, tags and leave a comment at the end of post page. For example, I’d like to change the Folder (category) icon to the text “Filed Under:”
    4.) More/Easier Integration of Blog and Page Header (i.e. author picture, blog nav, in post header, etc.)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the feedback and ideas! Really appreciate it πŸ™‚

Peter

What I deeply miss is a duplicate function for Sections. A duplicate button is quite standard in most of the page builders.
    A duplicate function is very helpful for one-page design.
    Just finished a one-page with 81 short poems and because of design & navigation between the poems it needed 83 repetitive sections. A duplicate function would have been very convenient … πŸ™‚

marcandre.seguin

My website is at http://www.JazzGuitarLessons.net

Long story short, I’m using Leadpages. I can show leadpages’ landing pages on a “native URL” of my website using their Leadpages WordPress plugin. I use it to get pretty URLs, of course.

This Leadpage: https://jazzguitarlessons.lpages.co/jazz-guitar-improv-101/

Is hosted here: https://www.jazzguitarlessons.net/jazz-guitar-improv-101/

ISSUE: Plugin of conflict between GeneratePress and Leadpages plugin. I believe what’s happening is that “Leadpage” is recognized as custom post type, and GeneratePress is trying to “force” things onto it.

In particular, there’s an option that keeps between reset on every page. Typically overnight. I’ve contacted Leadpages today, their opinion is a conflict of plugin.

Here’s a screenshot of editing a Leadpage from WP dashboard (ie telling which URL it should use, setting cache, etc.), and we see the GeneratePress options from this editor appear on the screen … https://screencast.com/t/Iplvt3lg0Ds

Can we “turn off” the theme for specific content types in WordPress?

Perhaps it’s not the right way to ask the question. Please help! πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

@Codebastler – Sections isn’t getting updated as WordPress future editor Gutenberg will replace it.

@marcandre.seguin – Can you open a topic for your question? Thanks!

marcandre.seguin

@leo

Will do – thank you.

Paul

I love the fact that we can choose not to display post navigation in 1.5 – that’s something I remove on every GP site I create.

Could you also please consider adding an option to hide/remove the “read more” link/button? It feels like most people know to click on either a thumbnail or title to view a full post, and if you aren’t showing an excerpt (I never do) it can look a little odd.

I know it can be removed with some CSS or making a change to the template in a Child Theme, but it would be nice to have it as an option πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can actually just remove the read more text from the option, and the link/button will be removed πŸ™‚

Paul

That’s good to know, don’t think I would have ever figured that out πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll be sure to add it to the docs! πŸ™‚

donna

hi hope all well with you all.
    i have the page builder elementor i loved but what is happening when I use elementor with posts for there facebook like button on post and comments… I loose the header annd my menu. so my readers come and there is no where to go also no side bar. I writing to you because do you think elementor is conflicting with you GP πŸ™‚ ? i like them less pluggins but maybe not a good idea. let me know. blessings

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Donna – any chance you can start a new support topic?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘GP Premium 1.5’ is closed to new replies.