[Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We just pushed out GP Premium 1.5 alpha.1. If you’d like to test, feel free to check out this post and give it a go!: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-5-alphabeta/

Any feedback would be great!

Paul

Looks good! I’ve put it on a test site, and one thing I’ve noticed is that I don’t seem to be able to get a global Page Header to appear on single posts. The Page Header only shows if I manually apply it to a post. Any idea what might be causing that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Paul,

So you’ve set a header here but it doesn’t show up? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-global-locations/#post-types-–-single

If so can you link us to the one of those posts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just pushed out alpha.2 which should fix that.

Thanks!

Paul

Yep, the alpha.2 update fixed it 🙂

Antar

Hi, Tom –

It seems I cannot download the alpha! I’ve tried everything:

1) Dashboard/Update link…
    2) Deactivate license/Reactivate license combo…
    3) Banging head against wall…

It’s a fresh, vanilla installation – so I can’t image there is anything else interfering.

Can you offer any advice?

:0/

Antar

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Antar

Hi, Leo –

Yes I have. It was the first thing I did! I have also left my dashboard open since my original post until now and no plugin update has been initiated.

Antar

Antar

Tell a lie! It’s working.

I did have a problem plugin installed. Namely, Cobalt Apps GP Extender. I removed it and the GP alpha showed up straight away – as did several other plugin updates.

Bit of a worry!

Antar

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you got it working!

Antar

I’ve spoken to Eric Hamm over at Cobalt and he explained that his Extender plugin uses the same “after_setup_theme” hook that the beta snippet uses – hence the issue.

Antar

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use the after_setup_theme hook as much as you like – that shouldn’t be the issue.

If the update wasn’t displaying, it’s likely there was some sort of caching conflict happening.

Antar

Not according to the way Extender and GP co-exist – apparently!

No caching tools/plugins were on the site during the issue. As soon as Extender was turned off, the alpha update suddenly became available – as did an update for Elementor Pro.

Zach

Installed and loving the new Customizer UI. 3 requests so far:

1) Perhaps it’s user error but it seems that the Customizer “button -> text color” option is overridden by “content -> link text color” since buttons are often links. Understandable from a cascade POV, but without a “button -> link text color” option we lose the ability to set the button text color to something other than the link color. (Also, customizer doesn’t match the real world here – it erroneously shows link buttons according to “button -> text color”.)

2) Could buttons have an outline option too, so “ghost buttons” would be possible without custom CSS?

3) Love the new blog image options! It would really great to add more options to the Blog -> Archives – > Featured Images so we could overlay title and selected info (author, date, tags, excerpt, etc) OVER the featured image, to make a clean image grid layout. So fancy!

Thanks for an amazing theme! -Z

Dov

Hi, I’m working with GeneratePress 1.4.3
    I defined that my website first page is the one with the posts.
    I want to embed to this page a pop-up form, where I should embed the form code?
    Thanks,
    Dov

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘GP Premium 1.5’ is closed to new replies.