[Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.5

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Todd – it may be the firewall blocking the update notice. Any chance you can email me temporary admin login details?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Enrico – not sure what you mean? What gets set to Below Content? Your screenshot is using the wrong option to move the featured image. Featured images on pages are now controlled in Customize > Layout > Blog in the Featured Images section, under the “Pages” tab.

The option you highlighted in your screenshot is only for Page Headers with content.

Enrico

Sorry Tom,
    yesterday I went in the right place but I saw only two options. Now I have seen that there is a third one “below title”. Now it works.

I don’t know why I lost my featured images configurations in all the sites after the wp 4.9 rc2 upgrade. Anyway now I have set it back correctly.

Thanks a lot

Bart

Hi Tom,

First of all thanks for the great theme and fantastic support! Build several sites with GPP now and really love to work with it.

But I’ve got a small issue after updating to 1.5. Featured image size is not applied to my news category page as you can see (noetsj.com). I applied 300×300 (archive, post and page) and I display posts in columns.

Besides that I think it’s not quite logical to put featured image size settings of pages under blog settings. Isn’t it?

This is my live site with GPP 1.5: noetsj.com
    This is my temp demo site with GPP 1.4.?: noetsj.demo4u.nl

I hope it’s all clear to you. Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We did change the resizer, which only resizes the images when the server resources allow.

Can you try updating the sizing values from 300×300 to something like 301×301 to try to kickstart the resizer?

I agree about featured images, but decided it would be a mistake to separate featured image options, even if pages aren’t technically in the blog.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Also, the resizer won’t upscale images, so make sure the original images are larger than the size you have set.

Bart

Strange, he did upscale images before, as you can see in my demo!

Okay, I set image size to 200×200. The images are changing but not to square size 200×200.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, the old image resizer did upscale, but it was extremely resource intensive unfortunately.

I think the issue here is the image is only 200px wide, so the cropping isn’t working. As a test, can you try going 100×100? It may be necessary to upload larger images.

Bart

You’re right. Setting it to 100×100 makes them square. I’m going to change my image size and replace them.

Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, your site is using the thumbnail size now (150×150) and reducing it down to 100×100. I’m concerned your server isn’t actually resizing the images.

Any chance you can create a new topic if uploading a larger image doesn’t work at 300×300?

Bart

Yes, no problem. On single post strange things with images too.

Bart

I resized my images for news category and it’s not working!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try activating this plugin?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maximum-execution-time-exceeded/

I wonder if your server is preventing the resizing.

Bart

But on my demo it works fine. Same server!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I understand, but the image resizing library has changed in the latest version. So the new library is having trouble resizing the images on your server.

If you’d like, you can send me temporary admin login details and I’ll take a closer look: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Branislav Pakic

I’m having a problem with masonry in GP 1.5. When I click the load more button posts are not loaded, I just get empty space instead. I thought it was because of the caching plugin, but I cleared the cache and the problem remained. For now I had to revert to GP 1.4.3.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘GP Premium 1.5’ is closed to new replies.