[Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support [Support request] GP Premium 1.5

Home Forums Support GP Premium 1.5

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What Chrome version? Doesn’t make sense that we’re seeing different things.

Enrico

On Windows 7 I use Chrome Version 62.0.3202.6 64bits but also the last version of Chrome Canary show the same problem.

On iPad I use the last version of Chrome that is 62.0.3202.60 My iPad is an iPad 4 32bits

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can’t reproduce those issues on my end at all unfortunately.

I did fix some alignment issues with masonry on iPads, which I’ve applied here: http://demo.generatepress.com/category/blog/

Can you show me a screenshot of how you see that page?

Enrico

I am not not using anymore masonry on my sites to avoid the problem.

On iPad your site looks ok now, so you fixed it.

On my PC I see always one column less, same view on Chrome standard and Chrome Canary without other software:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkhny55undjhbcu/Masonry%20Blog%20%E2%80%93%20GeneratePress.png?dl=0
    So the problems were different.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s so strange – I wonder if it’s a conflict with Windows 7 and masonry. Do you have a more up to date OS to try? If not, maybe a friend or family member does?

Thanks for your help on this πŸ™‚

Enrico

On the same PC with windows 7 I have no problem with Explorer and Firefox. My PC is with a display Full HD resolution, so on windows 7 I use bigger font then default system font size, it could be the screen resolution and font size.

Apple had a similar issue, for a long time, with iTunes Store on Windows 7 and high resolution. Now they fixed it.

If you have windows 7 you can set bigger font size and test if you see the problem.

It is like an enigma, is funny to discover the bug πŸ™‚

Enrico

This morning I have set system fonts in Windows 7 to default 100% (Before it was 130%) no problem anymore.

I was right, is the same problem that I saw with iTunes music store. The good news is that Apple fixed it and that all the old GP versions were immune.

With full HD monitors no one use default font size on windows 7 nor do I. I will set bigger system fonts again and I will not use masonry on my sites for the moment.

Enrico

I found the system font size I can use on windows 7 without having problem with masonry.

With the standard 125% system font size and 150% font size there is no problem with masonry. With iTunes store, only 100% font size was not causing problems.

I will use now standard 125% font or 150% font size to use again masonry.

Before I used a custom font size of 129%.

So, now the problem will be limited to user with custom system font on Windows 7.

But this problem could get worst in the future. I noticed that with Chrome Canary the problem is not solved, at least with 125% font size. I have cleaned all the caches and I can confirm that only Chrome standard version is immune from the problem with 125% font size.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good to know it isn’t a huge problem that will affect a lot of people.

That being said, I’ll definitely look into fixing it πŸ™‚

Enrico

If you find the solution please let me know why system font interfere with chrome and masonry.

Enrico

Good morning Tom, I found a little problem. One of my sites ( DigitalDem.it) was first updated to Gp 1.5 beta 2 and then to WordPress 4.9 beta 4.
    On this site I don’t get the new version of GP beta 3.

I have reinstalled WordPress 4.8.2 on the site but I don’t get anyway the last Gp beta update.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GPP 1.5 beta.3 was just released about an hour ago. It may take a little bit for the update to show up.

Enrico

Sorry, you are right, I got it now.

The other site, on the same server, got it 2 hours ago. Usually they get updates almost simultaneously.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Updates are cached and can sometimes take up to 3 hours to show up.

Jamal

Some strange case with the page header and sections although not sure if it’s specific to GPP 1.5 only but i have never had it before. See video, difficult for me to describe it πŸ™‚

[ video link removed ]

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘GP Premium 1.5’ is closed to new replies.