GP Premium 1.2.87 focuses on cleaning up the Customizer and hardening the security inside the Customizer by improving the database sanitization and escaping for all options.
The Customizer is organized much better now, but some things have moved.
Here’s a general list of where options were, and where they are now.
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Navigation –> Layout / Secondary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Navigation Colors –> Colors / Secondary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Sub-Navigation Colors –> Colors / Secondary Sub-Navigation
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Navigation Typography –> Typography / Secondary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Navigation Spacing –> Layout / Secondary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Navigation Backgrounds –> Background Images / Secondary Navigation
- Secondary Navigation / Secondary Sub-Navigation Backgrounds –> Background Images / Secondary Sub-Navigation
- Menu Plus / Mobile Header –> Layout / Header
- Menu Plus / General Settings –> Layout / Primary Navigation
- Menu Plus / Sticky Menu –> Layout / Primary Navigation
- Menu Plus / Slideout Menu –> Layout / Primary Navigation
- Element Spacing / Header –> Layout / Header
- Element Spacing / Content –> Layout / Container
- Element Spacing / Separating Space –> Layout / Container
- Element Spacing / Primary Menu Items –> Layout / Primary Navigation
- Element Spacing / Sub-menu Item Height –> Layout / Primary Navigation
- Element Spacing / Sidebar Widgets –> Layout / Sidebars
- Element Spacing / Footer Widget Area –> Layout / Footer
- Element Spacing / Footer –> Layout / Footer
The following changes were made, but only if Page Header and Blog are both activated.
- Blog Page Header / Image Settings –> Blog / Page Header Image
- Blog Page Header / Content Settings –> Blog / Page Header Content
- Blog Page Header / Video Settings –> Blog / Page Header Video
- Blog Page Header / Advanced Settings –> Blog / Page Header Advanced
The Layout panel has been split up into multiple sections to make it easier for you to find specific options.
The Secondary Navigation, Menu Plus and Spacing sections have all been removed, and those options have been moved into the Layout panel in their respective sections.
The Copyright area has also been moved from “Appearance > GeneratePress” into the Customizer.
This is a really great update. Better security is never a bad thing, and a cleaner Customizer means you’ll be able to work on your sites much faster!
If you have a hard time finding an option in the Customizer that used to be there, check the Layout panel. If a section has been moved, that’s where it ended up.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Increase database sanitization/escaping and harden security throughout all add-ons
- Backgrounds: Place options into sections inside Background Images panel
- Blog: Add new filter to set the column count: generate_blog_get_column_count
- Blog: Add title tag to read more link
- Secondary Navigation: Fix spacing issue with dropdown menu arrow
- Secondary Navigation: Remove Secondary Navigation panel
- Secondary Navigation: Move sections into their applicable panels
- Secondary Navigation: Add RTL language support
- Spacing: Place options into sections inside Spacing panel
- Spacing: Add RTL support
- Copyright: Move copyright textarea into the Customizer
- Copyright: Swedish translation added – thanks Jamal!
- Page Header: Fix logo setting to work with new WordPress 4.5 custom_logo feature
- Page Header: Vastly improved merged header option
- Page Header: Move Blog Page Header panel into the Blog panel
- Sections: Fix bug where first paragraph wasn’t being correct wrapped in <p> tag
- Menu Plus: Move options into Layout panel
9 thoughts on “GP Premium 1.2.87”
The swedish translations in copyright section seem not to have been added. Just giving you a heads up incase you haven’t released 1.2.88 already.
They should have been, but the text did change a little to fit in the Customizer better.
1.2.88 is set to be released in the next hour or so (hopefully).
I can’ see them Tom and i have Swedish as the site language, see screenshot
Still not seeing it in 1.2.88?
Not even in 1.2.88 i took that screenshot after updating
Found the bug – will have it fixed for 1.2.89.
Great ! Let me know if you need new translations to the changes made to the text.
Love these changelog posts. Is there a roadmap post somewhere too?
I’m a dev nerd. 🙂
Not yet, but it’s a good idea. I’ll see what I can do 🙂