Home Forums Support Future Addon Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Pieter

Is there a posibility to change the look on desktop and mobile? Example: On desktop the menu is below the header. When go to mobile the menu is above the header. And then also change the styling, eg with color?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can do stuff like this using media queries.

Moving elements around requires some new CSS that only works on modern browsers, but most mobile users are on mobile browsers, so it gives you some flexibility.

For example, moving a navigation that is below the header on desktop to below the header on mobile:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .inside-header {
            display: flex;
            flex-flow: column;
        }
        .site-logo {
            order: 2;
        }
        .site-branding {
            order: 3;
        }
        .main-navigation {
            order: 1;
        }
    }

You can use any CSS inside the media queries:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        /* Any CSS in here is for mobile only */
    }

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Pieter

Hi Tom,

Ofcourse didn’t realized that!

Thanks, will give it a shot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Ian Efford-Lynch

I would like to see maybe a disable header add-on where you can make the navigation bar the header,

and a Effects add-on where you can customize the effects when you hover over text or other things.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ian,

The Menu Plus add-on allows you to add a logo to your navigation, which can effectively make it the header. An option to disable the header would be useful as well. I’ll have to think about whether to add it to the Menu Plus add-on or the Disable Elements add-on.

For now, you can use this CSS:

.site-header {
        display: none;
    } 
    Derek Binion

Tom I have put back money for these new addons. let me tell you the landing page,short codes,boarders will be a phenomenal addition to generatepress. I love the idea of keeping my plugin use minimized and getting more plugins built just for GP is like Christmas morning when I was a kid. I’m slowly learning about php and CSS and you continue making things easier and easier by removing the need to learn these things,which is kinda good,kinda bad! thanks so much man for your class A support and theme you’re a WordPress beast.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Borders will be next after I rebuild Sections and Page Header to be better πŸ™‚

“WordPress beast” – I like that!

Thanks for the kind words, and for using GP!

Jonathan

Hey Tom, what exactly does it take to make a ‘log in with’ feature (i.e. using facebook or Twitter). But from my site to another site and vise-versa? Is it an extremely complicated deal?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds pretty complicated, but you might be able to find a plugin out there that already does it with some searching πŸ™‚

Jonathan

Figured as much. Thanks Tom.

Michael Andersen

I go with Mizanur:

A GeneratePress Frontage Builder with the help of widgets/shortcodes will be great.

Widgets areas:
    [Frontpage Top]
    [Frontpage Left] [Frontpage Middle!] [Frontpage Right]
    [Frontpage Bottom]

and then add GeneratePress Frontpage Builder widgets/shortcodes to populate the page.

That would be a nice feature.

/Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That would be very cool – something I’m looking into for sure.

Probably with Page Builders is they’re so bulky and slow. It would definitely need to be very lightweight for me to be comfortable πŸ™‚

Michael Andersen

Hi Tom
    Maybe I was a little hasty on paste and copy from Mizanur. My wish is only some kind of choosing between fx two templates on a page: one standard and another with the outlined layout

Widgets areas:

[Frontpage Top]
    [Frontpage Left] [Frontpage Middle!] [Frontpage Right]
    [Frontpage Bottom]

/Michael

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How about the same footer widget options, but for an area below the header?

This would make the above possible with some tweaking.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.