Home Forums Support Future Addon Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Pieter

That would be great Tom!

Andi

Hi Tom,

we already mailed about this, so here as a leaflet again:
    In my old theme I could choose for both the topbar and the footer between none, one or two columns and what to put in them (text / social icons / menu / text & social icons / menu & social icons). That was a really cool feature – and actually that was about the only thing I liked better in their (also great and simple) theme than in your theme. Maybe that option is an idea for a future update?
    CU,
    Andi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Andi! Definitely a good idea πŸ™‚

Ziad

Hello Tom,

Any update on the “rotating/random header image” suggestion?
    I tried to use a plug-in for my header but when installing it told me the GP theme doesn’t support header plug-ins…

Thanks,

Ziad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No updates yet – I need a team of developers working on this stuff with me πŸ™‚

If I wanted a rotating header, I would use a slider plugin like Meta Slider and add the shortcode to the “Before Header Content” hook using GP Hooks.

antware

Hi Tom. A MegaMenu would be great. Tried an alternative plugin and it messed up the GP menu. Anyway just my five cents. Great theme by the way.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How did it mess up your GP menu? If you make a topic about it I’m sure I can resolve it πŸ™‚

Ziad

Good to know, thank you Tom,

Ziad

Tim During

Heya Tom,

Going through this post has really sparked my interests, trying to find work arounds for column, responsive tabs and button shortcodes have been less then fruitful.

Namely the ability to have a button link to a tabs content or to an other pages tabbed content and be able change the harsh event of a tab themselves. ( tried a work around but they are so messy, even contacting the plug ins developer didn’t lead to any success )

That been said to have a bunch of customisable element shortcodes (tabs, columns, buttons, etc) would be a great help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not a big fan of adding shortcodes to themes, as people use them throughout their content and are stuck with a mess if they switch themes.

That being said, we have a columns shortcode plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

And this shortcodes plugin is super popular: https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/

Pete

Font Awesome Icon addon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What would it do?

Pete

add FA support to menus/menu plus, content titles, archive titles, tinymce, header…

Kiwil

Love your idea for the landing page Tom, that would be awesome!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Font Awesome is already supported in menus as long as you don’t have a plugin installed preventing it from working.

The others would involve some somewhat hacky things to be added to the code, so I wouldn’t put that into the code. However, you can always find the code by Googling “allow html in xx title wordpress” or something along those lines πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.