[Resolved] your response was weak and very dissapointing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] your response was weak and very dissapointing

Home Forums Support your response was weak and very dissapointing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brian

a cheeky and disinterested response. I am surprised. As a long-time user of Beaver Builder and Updraft – i as surprised – and will investigate other, better supported platforms for ongoing needs – and i’m not sure that you represent Paul Lacey at all well.

Maybe you were just in an off-moment, or maybe, could it be a style?

I had faith to share $ with you, i believe a better response was in order.

best of luck
    Brian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m sorry, it definitely wasn’t my intention to come off as disinterested. I assume we’re talking about this?: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/migrated-domian/#post-977616

A lot can go wrong during a migration, so it’s super difficult to debug without seeing error logs. Sometimes it’s server related, sometimes the importer just fails, and sometimes there’s something deeper going on with your server.

The best thing to do is try again or try a different tool. Trying again will tell us if it was a one-off or not. If it still doesn’t work, another plugin (Duplicator) can tell us if it’s server related or not.

Sorry again if my first response wasn’t helpful – hopefully we’re able to help figure out what’s going on 🙂

brian

Apology accepted. Thank you.
    I have mess on my plate… the migration did work – Updraft is actually quite effective…
    The web site does what is expected in Live View

BUT I cannot copy or clone a page – or rather I can, BUT it has ONLY your default font, no images, and no formatting that was applied

I think what may have happened is that for whatever reason the migration did carry your plug ins etc – BUT MAYBE DID NOT carry or install or activate the Design Template…

As mentioned the design and formatting of live site is as expected.
    I can edit the page – and the world hangs together a-ok
    BUT as I cannot copy a page, I have no safety zone, or page renovation zone

That means I need to find another way to rebuild site
    reinstall wordpress etc – PROBLEM is – in Live Launch mode of campaign

you have ideas??

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Got it, I think I understand now. I just replied in your original topic: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/migrated-domian/#post-978724

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.