[Resolved] WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work

Home Forums Support WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Claudia

EXCLUDED CSS FILES
    /wp-content/plugins/social-pug/(.*).css
    header-tablet-desktop
    navigation-search
    site-navigation
    gutentor-container-cover

EXCLUDED JAVASCRIPT FILES
    /wp-content/plugins/social-pug/(.*).js
    mediavine
    /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/

Claudia

In fact, the search bar is not working on desktop either in my case.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Claudia,

i tested the site URL you provided on desktop and mobile devices and its working correctly for me.
    Can you try clearing the device browser caches ?

Claudia

Of course it is now. I had my developer fix the issue since the instructions provided here did not help me!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am sorry the advice here didn’t help, each conflict can be very site specific, so general advice is not always a working option. Glad to hear you got it resolved though!

Brady

What was the solution to this? I’m having the same issue.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the issues may vary from one site to another – the general issue is the combining/deferring/optimization of JS in the WP rocket settings – try excluding: main.min.js from any optimizations. If its still an issue please raise a new topic and share a link to the site where we can take a look.

Brady

I tried this and it did not work. The only solution that seems to be working is ‘disable caching for mobile devices’ but then it slows my website down tremendously.

I wasn’t having this issue a few months ago. What would have changed?

My search button is also not working on desktop either.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I will reply to your new topic so we can keep the responses in one place.

Karen

Hi, I am also having this problem. If I disable wp rocket, menu works. If I uncheck minify javascript it works. BUT, doing so has caused my site to slow to such a point that it has been penalized by Google and my traffic has fallen off a cliff.

So, please either tell me a caching plugin that also has minify JS AND works with Generatepress or please let me know solution. I also tried this code provided in another thread on mobile menu not working, but it doesn’t work.

/* show full nav on mobile*/

@media
    (max-width: 768px) {
    .main-navigation:not(.slideout-navigation):not(.toggled) .main-nav>ul {
    display: flex !important;
    }
    #site-navigation .menu-toggle {
    display: none;
    }
    #site-navigation .inside-navigation {
    justify-content: center;

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Karen,

Unfortunately I believe the option needs to be unchecked in order for everything to work properly.

BUT, doing so has caused my site to slow to such a point that it has been penalized by Google and my traffic has fallen off a cliff.

GP is unlikely the cause of the issue here – perhaps there’s other javascript running from other plugins.

GP is optimized by default: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

And here is our optimization tips using Autopimize which we use in this site as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

If you want to stick with WP Rocket then I’d recommend checking with their support team for comments.

If you need further help with this, please open a new topic.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work’ is closed to new replies.