[Resolved] WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work

Home Forums Support WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work

• This topic has 25 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello,

I noticed that my mobile menu and search bar were not working (it is working fine on desktop). I also noticed that there was a large white space below the footer on mobile.

After reading other similar forum topics, I tried deactivating WP Rocket and that solved the issue. When I reactive WP Rocket, the issue returns.

My question is, is there a setting in WP Rocket I need to change? How can I go back to getting the benefit of WP Rocket but not breaking the mobile menu and search bar and adding a large white space beneath the footer?

Here’s an example page (note: WP Rocket is deactivated so you wont see the issue right now) https://prudentreviews.com/clean-concrete-basement-floor/

Thank you,
    Andrew

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

This is likely from WP Rocket aggregating/combining JS.

You can try excluding scripts from /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/ folder.

More about excluding scripts w/ WP Rocket here – https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/39-excluding-external-js-from-concatenation

Andrew

I deactivated all the File Optimization settings in WP Rocket and turned them back on one by one to see which was causing the issue. As I turned each back on, the issue did not return. It seems to have fixed itself despite having all the same settings enabled as before. I’m not sure what happened but I will monitor it.

Thank you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted. 😀

Claudia

Hello, I am facing the exact same issue. Can you give me a step by step guide on how to exclude /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/ – I am completely ignorant about these things so it’d be great if you could send me something with screenshots etc! Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I believe Elvin’s link to WP Rocket’s documentation is what you need:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/wp-rocket-conflict-causing-mobile-menu-and-search-to-not-work/#post-1873779

If this doesn’t help then please check with WP Rocket’s support team.

Thanks!

Claudia

I went through that already – or else, I’d have not written. This answer is not helpful at all!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

All you should have to do is to copy this line:
    /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/

And paste it in the Excluded Javascript Files field shown in WP Rocket’s documentation.

What issue are you having?

Claudia

The issue I am having is that the solution you suggest is not working. I tried it, multiple times. It is not working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What if you add:
    /wp-content/themes/generatepress/

in the exclusion as well?

Andrew

Quick update on my issue that might help others.

The “remove unused CSS” setting on WP Rocket was causing the issue. When I turned that off, the issue went away. I’d give that a try if you have it turned on. It’s a beta feature.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing Andrew!

Claudia

I had to do what Andrew did. I am afraid the issue was not solved by excluding the scripts as you said, Leo.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Claudia,

Can you show us the exclusion list you have for WP Rocket? And perhaps the link to the site in question as well?

So we can inspect the site and see if the exclusion is properly being applied. 😀

Claudia

This is the site https://strictlysardinia.com/

I’d be glad to show you my exclusion list but it looks like I can’t attach screenshots / files / photos here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Rocket Conflict Causing Mobile Menu and Search to not work’ is closed to new replies.