[Support request] Slider header on homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] Slider header on homepage

Home Forums Support Slider header on homepage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Samantha

Hi

I am the owner of http://www.vibrantyogini.com

and I want to remove the slider header from the homepage when viewing from a mobile.

On the customizer, the header slider shows even when I untick the box/tick it.

Do you have any code that I can put on the additional css section so that it no longer appears?

Thank you πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i believe this was the method the slider was added:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/header-slider/#post-654297

If so then you can delete that hook if you want to remove it entirely from the site.

Samantha

Hi

I don’t want to remove it entirely as I would like it to show on desktop, just not mobile, if that is possible?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry my bad, try this CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .n2-ss-align, .n2-ss-2-placeholder {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Samantha

Hi for some reason, on mobile view there is still a small white gap at the top. Do you know how to lessen this?

Also, on my blog category pages, how do I remove the heading that is automatically there? Because I want to put it in with the <H1> tags for SEO, and at the moment it is showing the title twice. Usually I use the options on the ‘edit page’ or ‘edit post’ section, but the category edit page doesn’t show this section. I guess I need a code?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

i edited the CSS above which should remove the white space.
    The automatic Category Title is wrapped inside <h1> tags, so i am not sure why you need to replace it? Let me know

Samantha

Hi David

I didn’t realise that the titles were automatically wrapped in H1 tags! Does that apply to ALL pages and posts? As this will definitely save me time removing the automated title and typing it in myself with <h1> tags! πŸ™‚

The CSS coding worked for my home page so thank you so much for that! πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

All of the automatically generated page titles are H1’s.
    The only instance when this is not the case (and doesn’t apply to your site ) is if you have your Blog set as your home page, then the Site Title becomes the H1 ( if there is one being displayed ).

Glad i could be of help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.