Home Forums Support Section Settings

• This topic has 23 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi,

Would really be good if it was possible to hide the settings for Sections as I feel it uses alot of screen space and also may be confusing for content editors.

I know a Section can be hidden/expanded but having the same options for the settings too would be excellent.

cheers,

Andy

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great idea – let me look into this and get back to you πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Andy,

Give this function a shot: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/7dcd2b4c8c0746106528

You can add it/remove it as needed.

Adding PHP: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Let me know if it does the trick or not πŸ™‚

Andy

Thanks for the very quick response with this. It works great but I didnt want to permanently hide it, I was hoping for a toggle type option just like the whole section has.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Would definitely be a cool option – would need to figure out how to implement that for sure.

For now, you can simply comment out the add_action (//add_action) call when you wanted it to show up again.

I’ll look into creating a hide/show option πŸ™‚

David

I have a recommendation for settings Ui.

Visit here to review Ui Design. Love to see less space used for the sections settings.

Love to get your feedback.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ohhh, very nice! I’m definitely saving that.

I think it’s safe to say I’ll be implementing this πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Andy

Looks great, look forward to seeing the new cleaner UI. πŸ™‚

David

Sweet! I keep giving input when I can. Loving the theme.

Andy

Is this new Section UI still going to be implemented?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Something like it will, yes πŸ™‚

Sven

Have you planned to insert a function, that sections can optionally be hidden? As I see, you can either use the section – then it’s shown – or delete it and that section is permanently lost…

So I’d kindly ask for a check box, so you can hide certain sections on the web, but without deleting it in the page editor, so it can be used again later?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Sven,

Interesting idea, would this be used a lot do you think? I personally haven’t really found the need to temporarily remove any sections on any of my sites?

I have noticed a need to hide certain sections on mobile and show others on mobile but not desktop, so that might be a feature soon.

Andy

What about the new Sections UI we spoke about last Aug/Sept with the ability to hide/show it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hide/show what exactly? The Sections rebuild has just started now that Page Header is done πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.