- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
September 9, 2016 at 3:49 am #225195MSOwen
I’m useing the premium version of GP. I like this theme very much, but now I have some problems:
1. I have a problem with the blog-menue-item in the WordPress-customizer.
When I activate the blog-item in the preferences of GP, the blog-menue in the WordPress-customizer is missing. But, when I deactivate the blog-item in the preferences of GP, I get a blog-menue in the customizer of WordPress with only one item. I only can choose between ‘view the full post’ or ‘view a part of it’. All other options are missing.
What can I do that this works correct?
2. How can I customize the content of the main post site?
The dashboard only displays links to the posts, but not the pictures for example.
3. How can I change the color of the button ‘back to top’?
Please send me your answer to this e-mail-adress:
MartinSeptember 9, 2016 at 8:27 am #225235TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. Currently, you need to be viewing the blog page in the Customizer for the section to show up. This has been reverted in the next version.
2. If you’re displays posts on your front page and want images to appear, you need to set them as featured images: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/featured-images/September 9, 2016 at 9:34 am #225255MSOwen
thanks for your fast answer!
Point 3 works great!
For the other points I will wate to your next version.
MartinSeptember 9, 2016 at 10:04 am #225266TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
#2 won’t change in the next version – you always have to add a featured image if you want images with your blog excerpts.
#1 will change, but you can still change the options, just go to your blog page while in the Customizer and the section will show up.September 13, 2016 at 4:05 pm #226215jkhoops9
So, are you saying it has to be a “post” not a “page” for the blog add-on to work on it? I was hoping to have a static page with the fantastic blog e-zine look that I see on the GP examples. Is that possible? Thanks.September 13, 2016 at 11:38 pm #226260TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
You need to be viewing the posts page (set in “Settings > Reading”), a category, archive or a single post for the Blog options to show up currently.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.