[Resolved] Missing blog-menue in the WP-customizer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Missing blog-menue in the WP-customizer

Home Forums Support Missing blog-menue in the WP-customizer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MSOwen

Hi Tom,
    I’m useing the premium version of GP. I like this theme very much, but now I have some problems:

1. I have a problem with the blog-menue-item in the WordPress-customizer.
    When I activate the blog-item in the preferences of GP, the blog-menue in the WordPress-customizer is missing. But, when I deactivate the blog-item in the preferences of GP, I get a blog-menue in the customizer of WordPress with only one item. I only can choose between ‘view the full post’ or ‘view a part of it’. All other options are missing.
    What can I do that this works correct?

2. How can I customize the content of the main post site?
    The dashboard only displays links to the posts, but not the pictures for example.

3. How can I change the color of the button ‘back to top’?

Please send me your answer to this e-mail-adress:
    namrehnitram@gmail.com

Thanks
    best regards
    Martin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Currently, you need to be viewing the blog page in the Customizer for the section to show up. This has been reverted in the next version.

2. If you’re displays posts on your front page and want images to appear, you need to set them as featured images: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/featured-images/

3. This might help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/few-issues-that-i-need-help-with/#post-194263

MSOwen

Hi Tom,
    thanks for your fast answer!
    Point 3 works great!
    For the other points I will wate to your next version.

Best regards
    Martin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

#2 won’t change in the next version – you always have to add a featured image if you want images with your blog excerpts.

#1 will change, but you can still change the options, just go to your blog page while in the Customizer and the section will show up.

jkhoops9

So, are you saying it has to be a “post” not a “page” for the blog add-on to work on it? I was hoping to have a static page with the fantastic blog e-zine look that I see on the GP examples. Is that possible? Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You need to be viewing the posts page (set in “Settings > Reading”), a category, archive or a single post for the Blog options to show up currently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.