Few issues that I need help with

Home Forums Support Few issues that I need help with

Home Forums Support Few issues that I need help with

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi Tom,

I have a few issues I need help with:

1. How can you change the scroll to top button ( change the colors and the rollover effect ).
    vices”
    2. How can I add widget footer 4 and 5 to appear in the footer area. Widget 4 is a menu containing 3 pages including a copyright page, disclaimer page and a privacy page. This menu I do not want anywhere else but on the footer of every page. Widget 5 (and I am not sure if this is correct or not) but its for a plug in called Slick Contact Forms and it uses Jquery and should appear on every page in the bottom right corner. When you click on the word “Contact Us” it should slide up and show a small form that users can complete to get in touch with us. Obviously i do not want this in the way of the scroll to top button but i cant even get this form to show (so probably a coding issue – i am a new user).

3. I have a search button in the main menu and it slides out. Is it possible to have this pop up instead?

4. In the main menu under “Our Services” there is 2 sub menus that are too long and jump down to the second row .. is there any way to have this show the whole name without dropping down to the second line?

5. I have toggle items on this page – https://www.momentumplusbodycorp.com.au/owners-corporation-management/ however most of the page is not showing. Can you see where the error is?

The main page is https://www.momentumplusbodycorp.com.au/

Hope you can assist.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. You can change the color of the scroll to top button with some CSS:

.generate-back-to-top, 
    .generate-back-to-top:visited {
        font-size: 20px;
        background: rgba(0,0,0,.4);
        color: #FFF;
    }

2. This might help: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/choosing-footer-widgets/

3. Not currently unless it’s custom coded/a plugin.

4. This CSS might help:

.main-navigation ul ul {
        width: 200px;
    }

5. I would assume you have a plugin causing an error. Try #1 on this page: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Hope this helps 🙂

Mark

Thanks Tom,

1. I have changed the color but the rollover effect turns the background to black. How would i change this so that the rollover effect is 0.5 opacity?
    4. This did not seem to work. Although you mention the main-navigation but wouldnt it is the sub-navigation i want to change.

I am still looking into the other 3 issues.

Mark

Hi Tom,

in regards to item 5 apparently i have to do the following:
    exclude the jquery.js and js_composer_front.js – i am just not sure where i would do this. I think i might need to contact Visual Composer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. Like this:

.generate-back-to-top:focus, .generate-back-to-top:hover {
        background: rgba(0,0,0,.5);
    }

4. That code will change the width of the sub menu in the main navigation. Did you try changing the 200px to something else?

5. Hmm, not sure that would stop the page from loading. Looks like there might be a PHP error somewhere.

Mark

Hi Tom,

in regards to 4 i have changed the number and it does nothing. I am thinking i might have but the code in the wrong space. I have put in the plugin simple CSS but wondering should it go in the head GP hook section or somewhere else?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Simple CSS is the right spot.

Can you add the code and let me know so I can see why it’s not working? It doesn’t look like it’s added right now.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
    Mark

Hi Tom,

Line items 2 to 8 are as follows:
    .main-navigation ul ul {
    width: 200px;
    }
    .generate-back-to-top, .generate-back-to-top:focus {
    background: rgba(29,93,189,1);
    }

This is in the simple CSS section.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you tried changing the 200px to something else?

Mark

yes – tried 300, 400, 450 and 100. nothing changed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you add one of those values and let me know? I’m not seeing any of it added right now so it’s hard to tell why it’s not working.

Mark

Hi Tom,

I have changed the value to 380.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You have this code in your Simple CSS:

require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us12.list-manage.com","uuid":"0cc14801df492b131d564dc00","lid":"7cc8e6a4d4"}) })

That’s not CSS, so it’s breaking the rest of the CSS output.

If you remove that, it should work.

antware

Hi Tom

Just updated GeneratePress Add-Ons to Version 1.2.85 and now my CSS is all funky. I was using Simple CSS and when I made changes nothing happend on the website. Copied and pasted all the CSS to the WordPress Editor (stylesheet.css) and the CSS took effect. Then made another change in WordPress Editor and the site didn’t react. Now when I delete or add any CSS it doesn’t show in site and when I Inspect in browser not showing either.

Very strange. Any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Simple CSS should work regardless of theme.

Are you using any caching plugins?

What do you mean by funky?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.