[Support request] [Merch] 400 error when importing demo content

Home Forums Support [Support request] [Merch] 400 error when importing demo content

Home Forums Support [Merch] 400 error when importing demo content

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ruzek

Hi there! I am trying to import Merch and am getting 400 errors:

400 error importing site options

It looks like the error occurs when “importing site options” is reached. Query monitor didn’t show anything unusual:

query-monitor

These are the only PHP (7.3) errors I get:

[29-Nov-2019 12:53:51 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: masonry_width in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/sites/classes/class-site-helper.php on line 146
    [29-Nov-2019 12:53:51 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: masonry_most_recent_width in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/sites/classes/class-site-helper.phpon line 146

I’m have updated to GP 2.4.1 and Premium to 1.9.1, and disabled all additional plugins (besides the ones the site library installs). Flushed cache as well, to no avail. Hosted on WordPress.com, so any server-side caching cannot be disabled.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there.

this is generally server related, Tom provides some pointers here that you can ask your Host:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/400-bad-request-while-using-theme-from-site-library/page/2/#post-1013866

ruzek

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you please provide an XML file so I can use the WP importer instead? Otherwise, is there a guide to manually configure this theme myself? It looks like CSS came through.

ruzek

Just a follow-up: It looks like other GP customers trying to import demo sites from the library are also running into the same errors on WordPress.com. The XML import solution was suggested.

If possible, please reach out to WordPress.com to see if anything can be done for your customers hosted there. I’d really appreciate if you could, though can make do otherwise if there’s a workaround.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The file XML can be found here https://gpsites.co/file/merch/content.xml

Problem is that it won’t import site options (plugin options etc..), menus and all that other stuff that’s done in the content import step.

Are you on wordpress . com ? As i know they are restrict access to most normal server controls.

ruzek

Thanks for sharing that. So without the site library properly importing, I can’t use Merch huh?

SFTP/phpMyAdmin access is about to launch for Business and eCommerce plans on WP.com, so that might be an option for importing. What do you think?

ruzek

Hey David, the https://gpsites.co/file/merch/content.xml link you shared 404’s when I try to load it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sorry about that – can you try this?: https://gpsites.co/files/merch/content.xml

I’m assuming that WordPress.com has some security measures in place that will prevent the download of external XML files like this. It might be necessary to include a way to manually upload the xml file directly in the importer so it can do all of the other good stuff it does.

ruzek

Thanks Tom. A manual option would be a nice fall-back.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem. I agree – will try to get that worked into 1.10 🙂

ruzek

That’s sincerely appreciated!

ruzek

Hey Tom,
    On WordPress.com, users are still getting 400 errors when trying to import GeneratePress sites.

Has an XML workaround made it to a release yet?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do if a host doesn’t allow the plugin to download the XML file.

We’re in the planning stages of a Site Library rebuild that may be able to address this, but we’re talking Q1 or Q2 of 2021 before that’s released.

The best thing to do right now is have your server caching temporarily disabled during the import process. If they aren’t willing to do that, another option would be to import a site on a non-WordPress.com site, and then import that site to WordPress.com using a migration plugin.

ruzek

Thanks Tom! I’m a Happiness Engineer with WordPress.com and am willing to help figure this out. You’re leaning towards it being a caching issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Yes, in our experience the 400 error is a caching issue 99% of the time. I believe it has something to do with the admin AJAX failing the nonce check when caching is enabled, but I’m only guessing.

As soon as caching is disabled, the error is resolved 99% of the time.

If there’s anything specific I need to look into I’m happy to! Perhaps I just need to set up an account so I can dig into the code and find where the failure is.

Our plan is to ditch AJAX and use the REST API along with apiFetch in a future update, hoping it will solve issues like this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.