[Support request] [Merch] 400 error when importing demo content

Home Forums Support [Support request] [Merch] 400 error when importing demo content

Home Forums Support [Merch] 400 error when importing demo content

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    ruzek

Tom, if you could sign up and email me with your username, I’ll help get you what you need to test this out yourself and work towards a solution.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Emailed! Thanks 🙂

Chris

Trying to import a site from GeneratePress’s Site Library (specifically Peak) on WordPress.com and running into this issue. Would it be best for me to work with the WordPress.com folks on this issue since it seems to be a caching issue?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chris – to the best of my knowledge wp.com doesn’t allow disabling their cache, but i believe Tom is in conversation with them on this – ill pass this topic to Tom who will be around later today.

Chris

Thanks David, I’ll follow-up on the other thread I started.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just spent the morning on their business plan debugging this.

On the first try, none of the import steps worked (not even the first one).

I deactivated a couple of plugins (random ones), and the first steps started working.

However, it always gets caught up on the site options import step. This is where the import is failing, and I believe it’s due to the object-cache.php and advanced-cache.php drop-in plugins activated on every WordPress.com site. I don’t believe it’s possible to deactivate those, unfortunately. I couldn’t even temporarily disable them via sFTP.

As of right now, I don’t believe there’s anything we can do to make this work, unfortunately, although maybe Jonathan will have an idea.

I am planning on re-building the Site Library using React and the REST API instead of jQuery/Ajax, which might fix this issue (won’t know for sure until I do it).

Sorry I can’t be more helpful! The “good” news is that all of the steps worked up until the site options, so things like Customizer options, content and plugins all seem to import just fine.

The things that will have to be manually configured are:

• Setting the front page displays option (Settings > Reading)
    • Setting the menu location (Appearance > Menus)
    • Setting up Element Display Rules (Appearance > Elements)
    • Add the logo (Customize > Site Identity)
    • Any plugin-specific settings that come with the site
    Chris

Thanks for the update Tom. I’ll be reaching out.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.