[Resolved] Issue with latest Elementor 2.5 Beta

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Issue with latest Elementor 2.5 Beta

Home Forums Support Issue with latest Elementor 2.5 Beta

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Antar

Hello, All –

Not your fault, I know, but the new and exciting Beta is generating an error message:

Fatal error: Declaration of Elementor\TemplateLibrary\GeneratePress_Sites_Process_Elementor::get_items($args = Array) must be compatible with Elementor\TemplateLibrary\Source_Base::get_items(array $args = Array) in /home/perchpo7/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/sites/classes/class-elementor-batch-processing-v2.php on line 43

Hope there’s a fix. Can’t wait to test it!

Antar

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Worrying, to say the least. Even if we patched it today, it gives users using Elementor less than 2 weeks to update before hitting a fatal error in their Dashboard.

I’ll try to get Elementor to revert the change for now.

Antar

Thanks, Tom.

Top support.

🙂

Ben

Hiya,

Just to say I’ve received the same error today after updating Elementor to Version 2.5.0-beta2 it threw a 500 Internal Server Error.

Disabled all the plugins. Once Elementor & Elementor Pro were enabled and I tried to enable GP Premium I get the following error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Fatal error: Declaration of Elementor\TemplateLibrary\GeneratePress_Sites_Process_Elementor::get_items($args = Array) must be compatible with Elementor\TemplateLibrary\Source_Base::get_items(array $args = Array) in /home/mywebsitename/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/sites/classes/class-elementor-batch-processing-v2.php on line 0

Good to see that you’ve notified Elementor – hope it can get sorted. Will roll back to non-beta Elementor for now. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’ll be releasing GP Premium 1.7.8 today to prevent this from happening.

However, we still hope Elementor re-thinks the change on their end as well, as the change has few benefits and will cause a lot of headaches.

Antar

Thanks, Tom –

Can you explain – in broad terms – what Elementor have done? Is it a show stopper?

Antar

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

They made a small coding standards change in their code that we hook into to replace URLs automatically during the Site Library import process.

We’ve just released 1.7.8 which removes this code completely. Even if they decide to revert the change, it’s simply not worth the risk.

Antar

Tom –

Everything seems to be working OK since the patch. When you go and kneecap the team at Elementor, would you be so good as to remind them about this:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/custom-post-templates-in-elementor-show-full-width-in-boxed-mode/

The GitHub code does work…

https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues/5636#issuecomment-464561021

…but it would be nice if there was a more permanent fix!

Antar

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid them adding the full-width-content class in the first place was probably a mistake. Now they risk breaking pages if they undo it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.