[Support request] Custom post templates in elementor show full width in boxed mode

Home Forums Support [Support request] Custom post templates in elementor show full width in boxed mode

Home Forums Support Custom post templates in elementor show full width in boxed mode

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Simon

Elementor has now the possibility to use custom fields in their templates, but if I create a custom post type and define a template to it, it shows the custom post part in full width, despite the setting beeing set to “boxed”.

Elementor support told me, it’s a theme bug and made the following video to show the error in css.
    https://www.useloom.com/share/d1bcc02d2ce54e32b2fae36a0f1603fd
    Can you look at it and tell me if that’s so – and if you are goint to fix this – or if it’s something I have to fix.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m actually pretty sure that Elementor adds our full-width-content class to the body element under certain conditions.

I see Elementor is set to its full width template – what happens if you set it to its regular template?

Simon

Hi,
    in the theme customizer settings I have set the layout to be boxed – and it works on all regular pages.
    In the template-settings of elementor I have the options of standard, full-width and elementor canvas.
    It’s set to “standard”, but has the same effect as “full width”.
    Shouldn’t standard be the boxed design here.

If not – any idea where I can change the settings for “standard”?

Thanks,
    Simon

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange, the body class of your page is saying the template is set to full width: http://prntscr.com/lkfla8

Can you double check? If you’re sure it’s not set to full width, it may be worth asking Elementor support why this class is showing up.

I’m 99% sure that Elementor Pro adds the GP class full-width-content to the <body> element when their full width template is set.

Antar

Tom –

I can confirm this problem still exists. Elementor is injecting full-width-content into the body tag regardless of whether the template is set to full width or not.

How can we tackle this?

Antar

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Antar

Hi, David –

Thanks for this. The code works perfectly. As Elementor is such a popular page builder, surely we need a more permanent fix? If not that then this code needs to be made part of the knowledge base. I can’t be the only person to have encountered this issue.

Antar

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oddly enough aside of today the last issues reported were with Element last year and I can’t recall this recently.

It is something i feel we need to talk to Elementor about. The way Elementor went about fixing the original full width issue is what is causing this problem. Better that we get them to fix at source if possible as opposed to retro fixing one of their fixes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.