- This topic has 61 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Tom.
April 24, 2018 at 9:33 am #559248TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperApril 27, 2018 at 9:44 am #561957Guna
How can I send you the screenshot in here, I can’t see any download button.
Maybe because of my bad english I haven’t explained well, but if you take a look on my website, i made the background picture contained, so you can see the whole picture. my idea is to make the background so, that the cut in the tail of the airplane is on the right side of the page so that the arrow of my logo goes “inside” the airplane tail. Anyway if you tell my how i can upload files, i can send you a handdrawn sketch, to show what i want to achieve. May be you can give me your email and then i can send it to you.April 27, 2018 at 8:57 pm #562278TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMay 1, 2018 at 12:01 pm #564859Guna
I have few questions more:
1. My first and only blog article has disappeared from the blog category and i have seen many youtube videos on how to change that but none of them explain to me that.
So what I want to achieve is that all (the current one and later the future ones) my blog articles would be under the “Blog”, but the latest article would also be on the front page, however not so that it doubles. Right now i managed only to move it under the blog, but then it disappears on the front page. So can you give me the steps on how to get my blog article in both places, but without doubling it up?
2. In the Home menu, there is my header image, that I can’t find any place where to eliminate it from, as the purpose with the “Home” is just to get back to the beginning, not to show a strange image or an empty page.
3. I have installed a plugin for social sharing buttons and have been in settings where i edited that the social sharing buttons have to be above and under the blog post, but they are invisible, so where do I make them visible?May 1, 2018 at 12:56 pm #564896Guna
P.S.Just in addition to my previous questions, as to the sharing buttons, all the forums say that the sharing button issue can be solved by going to settings and then under sharing, but I dont have that option. For sharing plugin i have installed Social Warfare.May 1, 2018 at 1:35 pm #564918Guna
And one more addition to 2 previous questions. Now that I opened my site on phone and i go to menu, its empty. then there is another menu icon on the top, which i cant even open. Why is that?May 1, 2018 at 9:11 pm #565088TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
1. The blog page in your menu is a regular static page. To have posts display on it, you need to set it as the “posts page” in “Settings > Reading”.
Alternatively, you can use the WP Show Posts plugin to display posts on that page instead, and keep them on the home page as well.
2. When you edit that home page, check the “Layout” metabox, under the “Page Header” section. Set it so it’s blank to remove the Page Header.
3. Have you configured the Social Warfare settings so the icons automatically show?
4. You have the slideout navigation set.
You can:May 2, 2018 at 10:03 am #565678Guna
1.It still doesn’t work, cause when i go into settings- reading and change it to Your latest post, it disappears under the blog.And WP Show Posts doesn’t help me much even after trying out all the possibilities. Can you please give me exact steps what to so, to get my post both under the Blog and on the first page?
2. As to removing the airplane photo when clicking on home, it doesn’t work either. When I enter Themes – Generatepress – Customise – Layout – Page header, there are 2 options: Page header location and Single post Heder locations. I tried all possible combinations in both but nothing worked.
Besides “Home” menu still doesn’t have the functional it needs to have, to get visitors back to the beginning. It works like just another menu, which is empty then opened ( well, now with the unnecessary airplane photo that has to be removed, but when it will be done, it will be empty, which it doesn’t have to be, as it just have to get people back to beginning)
3. With Social warfare it finally worked after I activated Home page changing from none to both above and below content, however i find it strange, cause my article is not homepage, its a post and for post i had the sharing buttons activated already but as my post apparently is not seen as post but a whole homepage, the problem occurred, which makes me think the all the structure of my website is wrong, i just don’t have enough knowledge how to format it, so the posts are really seems as posts by the system, and menu items as menu items.
4.As to the setting menu, when I open the primary navigation, there doesn’t apper the options shown in the document. Maybe this Menu builder is a plugin that i have to install before or it is in my theme already and i just can’t find it?May 2, 2018 at 9:36 pm #566099TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
I think it’s best we handle one issue at a time, that way we can cross things off and move onto to the next issue.
So we’ll handle #1 first.
By default, WordPress only allows your posts to be set to one page. If you set the “posts page” as your “Blog” page, that’s where your posts will show.
Now your home page won’t display posts – it will only display static page. If you want to display posts there as well, that’s where WP Show Posts comes into play. It allows you to display posts on static pages along with other content.
Let me know if that makes more sense 🙂May 3, 2018 at 3:24 am #566308Guna
Yes, your explanation makes makes sense, however WP Show Posts doesnt make sense, as i tried different settings there, but nothing gave me the expected result, thats why i would be very grateful, if you told me excatly what steps to follow and where to put the hacks to get my article shown in both places once i am in WP Show posts.May 3, 2018 at 12:21 pm #566732Guna
I have had a very lucky day, as i finally found out how to solve the menu issue, so i made my personal menu,gave it a name and the blog section instead of page I made it as category, which allows me to have my blog article both in the front page and in the section Travel stories.I am just not sure if my article is the same in both places or it has doubled up now?
However now, if you take a look on my page goitdoit, the main navigation menu looks like from another planet, BLACK!!!!!!, and with tottaly different type of letters. I already went into Apperance- Generatepress – customize – colors – Primary navigation to change the colors, but there this black color even didnt appear, so where do i change it?May 3, 2018 at 8:57 pm #566954TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
It looks like that menu styling is coming from a menu plugin you installed. Does the plugin come with options that allow you to style it?May 5, 2018 at 10:31 am #568315Guna
Yes, you were right, i was not aware of that there is a plugin for menu items too, but now its good.
Thanks a lot!May 5, 2018 at 7:56 pm #568588TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Awesome! Onto #2.
When you edit your home page (where you can add content), do you have a Page Header set in the “Layout” metabox?May 8, 2018 at 2:06 pm #570944Guna
Sorry, where exactly do you mean? Appearance -Generate press – Customize – Layout – Header?
If you mean that place, there are only 5 options: Header width, Inner Header Width, Header Alignement, Header padding and Mobile Header. So there is no Metabox option.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.