[Resolved] How to remove padding at the bottom below footer?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to remove padding at the bottom below footer?

Home Forums Support How to remove padding at the bottom below footer?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Charbel

Hello @Leo,

To troubleshoot further and isolate EZOIC platform, I have added the origin IP and the domain name of my website in my hosts file directly.
    I used host manning by connecting directly to my origin IP, and it’s the same behavior.
    I’m not sure why the space is not showing in the Firefox, however, it does with Chrome/Edge. So it’s must be from WPSP pages.

Thank You!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Here are a few more debugging steps to go through:

– Disable all plugins except WPSP and Ezoic, does the issue still exist?

– If so, disable WPSP as well, does the issue still exist?

– Remove all of your custom CSS, does the issue still exist?

Please keep all other plugins off for us to take a look if this still doesn’t help – you have a lot of console errors on the page which isn’t coming from WPSP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Added one more step above as well 🙂

Charbel

Hello @Leo,

I am Sorry, I cannot perform those steps in my production site.
    Why the space is not showing in the Firefox, however, it does with Chrome/Edge?
    If there is any issue with the plugins, then, it should be shown on all browsers.
    I have worked with codeable.io and they migrated my Theme to GeneratePress, I also reached out to them and they said this due to WPSP.
    I forgot to mention that I am using WPSP Pro version as well.

Charbel

Hello @Leo,

As I said before, I disabled EZOIC and all errors that you mentioned that you are seeing in the console are gone, I have added the origin public IP and the domain name of my website in my hosts file directly.
    I used host manning by connecting directly to my origin IP, instead of going through CDN, and it’s the same behavior.

Thank You!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am Sorry, I cannot perform those steps in my production site.

That case you will need to start a staging site so we can go through those debugging steps.

Why the space is not showing in the Firefox, however, it does with Chrome/Edge?

I have no idea unfortunately. Weird issues like this require debugging steps above to be taken.

I have worked with codeable.io and they migrated my Theme to GeneratePress, I also reached out to them and they said this due to WPSP.

Did they why in WPSP? I’m not saying they are wrong, but it is common for developers to find something to blame.

There are a lot of users using WPSP and we haven’t had other reports on this.

As I said before, I disabled EZOIC and all errors that you mentioned that you are seeing in the console are gone,

So that sounds like Ezoic should be the issue to me? Correct me if I’m wrong but WPSP itself doesn’t generate those console errors right?

We will need to take those debugging steps in order to determine the issue.

Charbel

BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I disabled WPSP Pro version 1.0.0 and the issue is gone.
    How much should I get paid to debug WPSP issues?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I disabled WPSP Pro version 1.0.0 and the issue is gone.

That really doesn’t mean WPSP is the issue without some further debugging steps.

I’d assume the issue doesn’t exist if WPSP pro is the only activated plugin.

Is it still disabled on the live site? I’m still seeing tons of console errors.

When one plugin causes a console error, it could lead to weird issues with all other plugins.

Can you start a staging site so we can do some further testing?

Charbel

Hello @Leo,

Yes, WPSP pro is still disabled on my live site.

Sorry, I cannot start a staging site at the moment. I will keep WPSP pro disabled.

I really appreciate to debug this issue from your side please.

I am using WPSP Version 1.2.0-alpha.3 and WPSP pro Version 1.0.0
    WPSP pro is disabled at the moment.

Please refer to this ticket to learn more of what implemented: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/a-non-numeric-value-encountered-post-meta-php-on-line-169-generatepress-theme/page/2/#post-1620519

Thank You!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Starting a staging site should be relatively easy – many hosting services offer this solution for free with one click.

I just did a quick test and install WPSP 1.2 Alpha 3 and WPSP pro with all other plugins disabled in a fresh install:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/9YBbPdYLQuN

And the site doesn’t have a single console error:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/JdjgWTK9I

As mentioned above, if a plugin (let’s say Ezoic) causes a console error, it could lead to other plugins (let’s say WPSP) adding weird padding to the bottom of your site. However, that doesn’t mean WPSP is the issue.

The only way we can test this is to start a staging site and go through the debugging steps.

We can revisit the issue once you can start a staging site to debug.

Thanks for your understanding.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.