Home Forums Support Future Addon Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Barbara Lougheed

I found a post reorder plugin that solved my problem!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you found a solution! πŸ™‚

thomas

I have 2 ideas. First is a coming soon addon that collects emails while I’m setting up the site. And the second is an addon run simple a/b test on headlines, call to action, etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

There’s a lot of coming soon plugins out there with email capture – just give it a Google.

Not sure what you mean by the second one? Any examples?

thomas

It’s all good now. Just bought Thrive Leads.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool πŸ™‚

Kristian

Hi Tom,

It would be great if you added the possibility to add and align a logo in the header. Right now, there’s only one option which is below the header title, but I would like to place my logo on the left of right instead of below the title.

I know that you (somewhere in the support section) added a shortcode for this feature, but I’m not a PHP wiz-kid, so I would like a more accessible and simple way πŸ™‚ I love your theme and the simplicty of it,but I would love it even more if the mentioned feature was implemented πŸ™‚

Thanks for a great theme and general support!

Paul

Kristian, adding a logo next to the site title and tagline is already very easy to do without modifying any PHP. All you need to do is upload your logo to the header via the customizer and then add a few lines of CSS to your stylesheet as described here: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/header-logo-positioning/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for posting that, Paul! That’s definitely the best way to go πŸ™‚

watc

MegeMenu and SlideShow are two most used add-ons for almost any dynamic website. Would like to see add-ons in the future, thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s so many plugins that accomplish both of those features, but they could definitely happen some day down the road πŸ™‚

Anton

Any update on the landing page add-on Tom?

The main reason I ask is that I can’t control the width of the content column on a landing page.

Why doesn’t sections have right/left padding fields? From an earlier screenshot you posted it looks like that was originally planned?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Working on sticky menu right now, but landing page is still on the list.

For now you can use CSS to change the container width of specific pages using the ID the page:

body.page-id-7 .grid-container {
          max-width: 800px;
    }

That would make the container 800px wide on a page with the ID of 7.

I wanted to reduce the number of options in Sections – when you have a bunch of sections and you save, it’s a lot of data for WP to store, so less is more when it comes to the Sections add-on.

By default, it uses the left and right padding you have set in the Spacing add-on, but you can also give it a custom class and apply your own padding values.

yurigoul

Hi Tom,

My guess is that some of the people here have clients and when working with clients you have a whole set of different problems.

For my own site I would not hesitate to use shortcodes to implement columns and tabs and whatnot – but I would not give it to a client because the next edit by an inexperienced someone could mess it up completely. Sections or pagebuilder are great but for some people all these options are scary and some of them can potentially really mess up the design and the client will probably not know what happened. I use a display posts shortcode thingy that gives me related posts based on one or more tags, but I will not expect from a client to implement this and find out what is wrong when it does not work.

My suggestion would be a different set of plugins – call it the professional edition – that implement publishing features usually found in shortcodes like columns, or tabs or related posts that are idiot proof*. Maybe certain extra features like implementing a different front page query or filters could be part of it, or a way to add CSS in the customizer.

It could even come with a different license, pro site for instance. Together with the shorter development time using the customizer options already provided by GP it could be great for certain professionals.

Maybe certain of these suggestions can be done using different plugins, but with me I am then asking myself how long will these plugins continue to be supported and will they continue to work together after each new update of wordpress and each of the plugins? Some websites remain basically the same for several years and that means a lot of updates. That is why I would rather have them from one vendor.

But maybe I am just totally mistaken, dunno.

Thanks for your time,

Jeroen

——–
    * I am not sure how this would/should work when someone changes the template – but maybe it just goes back to being a shortcode plugin with all the shortcodes in the main editor, dunno.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the input! I totally agree – shortcodes can be weird and not so beginner friendly.

I’m hoping WP makes a better interface available for them in the near future, where I could make the columns actual columns that you click on to edit the content etc..

I totally see your point, and I’m always looking for ways to make things more user friendly πŸ™‚

Definitely keeping my eyes open.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.