[Support request] Edit post/page link for Editor

Home Forums Support [Support request] Edit post/page link for Editor

Home Forums Support Edit post/page link for Editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

Hi,

We have demoted most of our users from Admin to Editor. They are now complaining that the top admin bar is missing so they can’t use the ‘edit this page’ option.

I read that some schemes insert an ‘edit’ link into pages/posts when the user is logged in. I can’t see this in your theme. Does it exist, can it be enabled/added?

i.e.
    <?php edit_post_link(‘(Edit this post)’, ‘<p>’, ‘</p>’); ?>

Thanks, Matt

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Matthew

Hi,

That works for Admin users but not for Editors. I’ve looked at the source code for edit_post_link and can’t explain why that would be the case. We tried making our test user an Author as well and still no link.

We do not want our Editors to be Admins, but have failed to display the edit link or cut down admin bar for them to quickly adjust a page/post. Any suggestions?

Matt

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s what the function says it does:

Returns edit post url as string value, provided the current user has the ‘edit_post’ capability

So if the editors have the “edit_post” capability, it should show up.

Have you done anything to edit capabilities maybe?

Matthew

Yes, we read that and confirmed that edit_post is a default role for Editor. However the code you provided only works for Administrators. We are now stuck…

Thanks again for the great support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, something is wrong with your installation then.

It could be a plugin altering the roles, not sure.

You could try playing with a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.