[Support request] content.php file changes

Home Forums Support [Support request] content.php file changes

Home Forums Support content.php file changes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hi Tom,

Just in the middle of upgrading the GP theme from 1.3.28 to the latest version. I have made a child theme customisation on the content.php file (so that an ‘edit this post’ link can appear on blogroll). Anyway, I have noticed some small changes in the code:

<?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() ) : ?>
      <div class="entry-meta">
        <?php generate_posted_on(); ?>
      </div><!-- .entry-meta -->
    <?php endif; ?>

Is now the following:

<?php do_action( 'generate_after_entry_title' ); ?>

Also down towards the end of the file, there used to be this code after the “<?php do_action( ‘generate_after_entry_content’ ); ?>” PHP command :

<footer class="entry-meta">;
      <?php generate_entry_meta(); >;
    </footer><!-- .entry-meta -->;

Now that code does not exist anymore. Upgrading the core theme, meant that the line that the code above generates is repeated. I can only assume that you have now pushed that bit of script somewhere else in the core files.

Trying to not have conflicts in the future every time the content.php file changes, how could this be better appropached. BTW, I am still using the previous ‘content.php’ file as the child theme template. Have removed the footer metadata code but have retained the code after the h2 tag is generated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those functions have been hooked into the template (so they can be moved around easier).

You can either remove those blocks from your child theme content.php, or re-add the edit link like this and scrap the content.php file: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/update-problem-with-gp-premium/#post-191096

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.