[Resolved] Color picker – Save colors

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Color picker – Save colors

Home Forums Support Color picker – Save colors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Lyle

Jamal, Tom

Nope, it’s not just on your side πŸ™‚

With the filter applied I see what Jamal is saying, but it is not universal πŸ™‚

– the filter is NOT applied only to the Secondary Navigation and Secondary Sub-Navigation BACKGROUND items; the Text items use the filter colors.
    – any of the other main Colors items BACKGROUND items use the filter’s colors.

The color picker that is used in the above instances, as well as the Sections and Page Header pickers, appears to be the default WP Color picker and values.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The palettes in Secondary Nav are already fixed in the next version.

I’ll try to get the Section and Page Header pickers working too πŸ™‚

Lyle

Awesome! πŸ™‚

Eric

You just made me a very happy man! This will save me so much time.

The funny thing is that the default palette colors are very close to the color palette of the project I’m working on at the moment. I thought it was auto saving the colors until I started using the presets and noticed things were off.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The first 3 or 4 colors take the values from some of your set colors (link color etc..).

Glad you’re finding the filter useful πŸ™‚

Doug

Is all this really necessary to set default color swatched on the color palette on GPPro?

I have no idea where the default colors are coming from and if there isn’t a way to “set” the colors in the palette then what good are the swatches?

I’m confused.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Doug,

All you need to do is to copy and paste the filter here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_default_color_palettes/

into Code Snippet: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/#code-snippets

and change the hex code to whatever color you want to display.

Let me know if this makes sense πŸ™‚

Jamal

Hi Tom

Have you figured out how to extend the filter to sections and so on? Thanks !

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, just added these default colors to Sections and Page Header for GPP 1.4 πŸ™‚

Jamal

Awesome news ! Looking forward to use this. Thanks a lot.

Coen

Wow… I just copied that code in Snippets and activated it -> now my whole site is offline and I can’t access anything!

Coen

This page isn’t working

landcruisingadventure.com is currently unable to handle this request.

Coen

I manually deleted the snippet plugin and then everything is fine. I deleted the table inside the Snippets database about the colorpicker and now the Snippets are running again..

How can I get the color picker to work without messing up the site?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just to double check…this is the code you added? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_default_color_palettes/

I just tested it myself and it works fine without crashing the site.

Coen

Hi Leo,

Thanks for checking back with me.
    Exactly that code. I have no idea why, must be a conflicting thing somewhere…

Anyway, is there another way to get colors set up fixed after my choice. btw are those also shifting over to Elementor that you know?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.