[Resolved] Color picker – Save colors

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Color picker – Save colors

Home Forums Support Color picker – Save colors

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, the only way that would trip an error is if you have the same function name used elsewhere. If there was no error and just a white page, you can check the error_log file (ask your hosting if you can’t find it). It will tell you the specific error, which will let us know what’s going wrong.

The colors only apply to GP color pickers.

James

I’ve just today purchased the GeneratePress Premium plugin. I’ve been experimenting with the free version of the theme for a couple of days while putting together a new web site and I’ve been very impressed. I realized, however, that I need to customize colors much more broadly than allowed by the free theme. I’m looking for a “dark” overall color scheme.

The available options for coloring various elements of the theme are extensive with the premium plugin, and appear to be just what I need. I’ve just spent the last couple of hours, however, trying to figure out how to set the color swatches of the color picker to the values I needed. I was convinced that I was just missing some very basic technique for making that happen. Finally I came here and discovered that it simply isn’t possible!? Is that right? I’m still having trouble believing it.

I’ve followed the instructions above and inserted the filter using Code Snippets. So now I’m able to set my own hardcoded color default values. That’s helpful, but I’m still disappointed (and somewhat agog) that the color picker itself does not support a mechanism to update the swatch values. It’s an extremely common feature of color pickers, but perhaps it’s especially difficult in this environment?

Regardless, customizable color swatches from the color picker would be a wonderful addition to what is already a very high quality plugin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The WordPress color picker itself doesn’t have a built-in mechanism to do it.

However, that’s exactly why we added this filter, which makes it possible ๐Ÿ™‚

Coen

Hey Tom, you were right the same function was already used. I had a different title already set with different colors in an earlier stage. Didn’t realize that. So my setup is A-Okay now!
    โ€”C

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.