[Support request] Chrome IOS double tap issue despite removed back to top button

Home Forums Support [Support request] Chrome IOS double tap issue despite removed back to top button

Home Forums Support Chrome IOS double tap issue despite removed back to top button

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And last test, what happens if you turn on the sticky navigation but remove it on mobile? Same issue?

Thanks for helping me debug – I’ll dig deeper into why this is happening.

Jasmin

I enabled sticky navigation for desktop version only and checked the checkbox hide on scroll-down. However, the navigation stays sticky on my iPhone Chrome meaning that it re-appears when scrolling up.

I guess it’s not totally unusual that the device is not always perfectly detected?

With this setting the issue persists, also when caching plugins are disabled.

Thanks for your interest, I am happy to help.

Note that I haven’t updated yet. I am still on version 3.1.3.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I believe the issue here is caused by what Apple calls “content change”. Something on the screen changes (a navigation comes into view, for example), the iOS + Chrome combination requires a double click.

A way to test this is to:

1. Keep the Mobile Header turned on
    2. Enable sticky on the Mobile Header
    3. Turn off the “Hide when scrolling down” option

This should make it so the Mobile Header is always visible – nothing changes on scroll. Does the double-click issue go away?

Obviously, this is something we need to research further. To me, it seems like a Chrome/iOS bug, but we may need to find a workaround.

Jasmin

I am sorry to say that I enabled all these options as instructed but the mobile header on my iPhone still disappears when scrolling down. Is this maybe due to the menu item hight = 0?

With these settings the issue persists.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am sorry to say that I enabled all these options as instructed but the mobile header on my iPhone still disappears when scrolling down

Make sure your cache is cleared. It should not disappear if the settings are all correct and cache is cleard.

Let us know!

Jasmin

Hi Ying,

I used the following settings but the header still disappears when scrolling down. I tested with Safari and Chrome on iPhone. I deleted the server cache and the browser cache. I also deactivated the caching plugins.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In Customizer > Layout > Header, right at the very bottom:

2022-11-03_09-32-09

Uncheck the Hide when scrolling down

Jasmin

Thank you, David. I can confirm that with this setting the issue does not persist.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.