[Support request] Child Theme Name

Home Forums Support [Support request] Child Theme Name

Home Forums Support Child Theme Name

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Created Child theme for Generate Press and activated it. The source code still shows Generate Press as the theme and not the child theme name. I know I can rename the Generate Press theme folder, and not receive auto updates. But, is there any other way around this issue??

With Genesis, when you create a child theme, the child theme name is reflected in the source code. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any ideas? I am trying to brand my child theme as my own, and its hard to do that when the name shows Generate Press. I do have the pro version of Generate Press.

Thanks for any feedback.

–Rob

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Rob,

Did my best to answer here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hiding-theme-name/#post-293482

Not sure there’s a way around it other than renaming your theme folder.

Robin

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. So I guess if I was to rename the theme folder, then I could just update the theme manually by installing the update over it? Wonder if that would cause problems with any widgets.

I notice on some of the showcase submissions their themes had different name. I wonder how they did it?

Thanks, Rob

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Widgets and menus tend to re-set when the theme name (folder) is changed, so you would want to just replace the files (not change the theme folder name once the widgets/menus are set).

If you were to do that, you wouldn’t run into any issues as far as I know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.