[Support request] Hiding Theme Name

Home Forums Support Hiding Theme Name

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ocan

Hi Tom

First of all BIG thank you for your framework. You saved my life when it came to find another top layout builder for wordpress after the Headway meltdown.

I just finished my first webite with generatepress and addons but I have a couple of issues I still cant deal with.
    First is the name of the theme in the source code.

For SEO reasons involving google, I would like to change the generatepress tag in the sourcecode like in:
    /wp-content/themes/generatepress/style.css’ (I use a childtheme with another name but still see that in the html code)

Its always better to change theme (or at least name of the theme) for PBN ans dome SOE issues.
    Is there a way to change this?

For second issue I will open a new comment… It should be easier for indexing Q/A purposes

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can re-name the folder itself in wp-content/themes, however this will prevent you from getting updates for the theme in the Dashboard.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Robin

When using a child theme in the genesis framework, the name you assign to the child is reflected in the source code.

When using a child theme with GeneratePress, the source still shows GeneratePress as the theme and not the child themes name. Is there any way to get around this without renaming the GeneratePress folder??

When someone checks your website to see what theme you are using, ie, chromes WPSniffer, it still shows GeneratePress as the theme instead of the child theme name.

I apologize if this question has been asked before but I can’t seem to find any answers on this anywhere.

Thanks, Rob

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Child themes still have to load the parent theme style.css file in order to function, so I believe you would have to change the generatepress folder.

However, doing that will stop your website from getting updates to the theme.

Ash

There is not much reason to hide theme name for SEO.
    It’s like wanting to hide WordPress.
    But even though people use WordPress, they often come up on top of Google’s search result.
    There is more important things other than hiding WordPress/Theme.
    Such as meta tag and on page optimization, internal link, which is way more important than theme name.
    Also changing original theme name is not good ways to manage WordPress in term of stability.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.