[Resolved] Changing fonts in body

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Changing fonts in body

Home Forums Support Changing fonts in body

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Oliver

Hi there,

the Typography feature is working very well but only the font of the body can not be change (size, capital letters, etc. can be changed). I have tried several fonts but without success.

I am sure you can help me πŸ˜‰

Oliver

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have different fonts set for all of the other elements in the Typography section?

If all other elements are set to “Inherit”, then every font will change when you change the body font.

If those other elements have a font set, they will continue to use that font, and will ignore the body font setting.

Oliver

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your feedback. I have still some problems with that issue. Where do elements inherit from? Even when switching all other elements to “inherit” in the Typography section the font is not changing. The font of the body is the only element that does not react on changes. Sorry for my poor English, I hope that you will understand what I mean…

Thank you.
    Oliver

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So every font section is set to “inherit”, and then when you change the body font section, nothing happens?

If so, can you possible email me temporary admin login details to support@generatepress.com so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, it looks like the plugin “Google Fonts” you have set is overriding the selections you have in GP Premium.

Go to “Google Fonts” in your Dashboard and you’ll see the “Font 2” is set to “Jura” and set to “All (body tags)”.

That’s the one that’s causing issues.

Let me know if you need more info =)

Oliver

Thank you very much for your help!

This theme is great and your support is awesome πŸ™‚

Oliver

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Thanks!

CRISTO

This an old topic, but I have a similar problem. When I select heading fonts everything works well, but when I select “paragraph” (which I assume is the same as “body) it does not give me the font I have selected in GP. It reverts to Georgia 12pt although I have selected Helvetica 18pt. I don’t have Google fonts, but I suppose I must have something that over-rides my selection.

Here is a sample page, at the bottom I put “test” using the paragraph setting. It does not come out Helvetica 18pt.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm the word test is getting the correct style:

body, button, input, select, textarea {
        font-family: Helvetica;
        font-weight: 500;
        font-size: 18px;
    }
    CRISTO

Yes, but it doen’s show up that way when I look at the published version. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure what you mean? Are those not your settings in the customizer?

CRISTO

In the customizer I have Body> Helvetica> 500> font size> 18. But I probably set everything up wrong in the beginning when I went in and changed each page in the editor and made each page paragraph> Helvetica> 18.

But when I look at the test page it is obviously not the same size font as the “test” I added.

Just to clarify, I created a test page. Here it is.

Hope this makes some sense. If not, let me know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The paragraph you added inline styles to (not good) is using 18pt, while the body is using 18px. pt and px aren’t the same unit.

You can just increase the px amount in the Customizer if you need the text to be larger.

CRISTO

Thanks Tom….I know I have asked this question before, but could not figure out what I was doing wrong. I understand that adding to inline styles is not good, unfortunately that is how I started out, so I am gradually changing everything. But I did not realize there was a difference between 18px and 18pt. Will have to work on that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

pt units are larger than px units, but are kind of an old way of doing it. px units are more common πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.