GP Premium 1.9.0-rc.2 is now available for download. If you’ve enabled beta updates in your Dashboard, the update should be available in the Plugins area of your site. If you need to manually update, you can find the latest version in your account area.
Removal of Imported Sites
The biggest part of this update is the ability to undo an imported site. During an import, we take a backup of your current theme/site options, including your active plugins and widgets. We also tag all content that’s imported which allows us to remove that content if the removal process is initiated.
This is a big time-saver. It allows you to try out multiple sites before deciding on one without having to do full site resets.
We’ve added a new column gap option (desktop, tablet and mobile) in WooCommerce, which allows you to adjust the spacing between your products within your catalogs.
We’ve also added tablet options for your number of columns feature (catalog, related/upsell).
Our Typography module now has options for your archive content titles (H2) and single content titles (H1). These elements previously used your standard H1/H2 options, which wasn’t ideal from a design standpoint.
We’ve also added tablet font size options for your site title and main navigation.
Navigation Search Colors
The navigation search option has always inherited its colors from the navigation itself. In 1.9, we’ve added color options so you can style it independently. These options require GP 2.4.
Full SVG Support
GP Premium is now fully integrated with the SVG icon feature in GeneratePress. When SVGs are enabled, GPP will use them instead of the standard gp-premium.woff2 font icons.
In an effort to speed up the Customizer, we fully profiled the code to find performance issues. We were able to shed about 500ms off the load time!
This update is somewhat smaller than usual. We spent a lot of time working on an amazing new feature which we were hoping to release in 1.9.0. However, we decided to push it back to 1.10 so we can get it 100% right.
There are quite a few tweaks and bug fixes in this version as well, which you can read through in our full changelog below.
- Elements: Add generate_after_entry_content hook option
- Spacing: Add live preview to group container padding
- Elements: Fix missing arrow in Choose Element Type select in WP 5.3
- Elements: Add generate_inside_site_container hook option
- Menu Plus: Fix missing mobile menu label option
- General: Fix mass module select input alignment
- General: Update gp-premium.pot
- Blog: Support SVG icon feature
- Colors: Add navigation search color options
- Disable Elements: Disable mobile menu in Mobile Header if nav is disabled
- Elements: Add wp_body_open hook
- Elements: Allow 0 mobile padding in Elements
- Elements: Add generate_elements_admin_menu_capability filter
- Elements: Add generate_page_hero_css_output filter
- Elements: Prevent error in Header Element if taxonomy doesn’t exist
- Elements: Fix double logo when Header Element has logo + using nav as header
- Elements: Fix mobile header logo not replacing if merge is disabled
- Menu Plus: Add off canvas desktop toggle label option
- Menu Plus: Add generate_off_canvas_toggle_output filter
- Menu Plus: Support SVG icon feature
- Menu Plus: Fix sticky navigation overlapping BB controls
- Menu Plus: Add align-items: center to nav as header, mobile header and sticky nav with branding
- Sections: Fix text/visual switch bug in Firefox
- Sites: Add option to revert site import
- Sites: Increase site library limit to 100
- Typography: Add tablet site title/navigation font size options
- Typography: Add archive post title weight, transform, font size and line height
- Typography: Add single content title weight, transform, font size and line height
- Typography: Only call all google fonts once in the Customizer
- Typography: Get Google fonts from readable JSON list
- Typography: Make sure font settings aren’t lost if list is changed
- Typography: Only call generate_get_all_google_fonts if needed
- WooCommerce: Add columns gap options (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- WooCommerce: Add tablet column options
- WooCommerce: Add related/upsell tablet column options
- WooCommerce: Support SVG icon feature
- WooCommerce: Prevent empty added to cart panel on single products
- WooCommerce: Add scrolling to mini cart if it’s too long
- WooCommerce: Fix woocommerce-ordering arrow in old FF versions
- WooCommerce: Make item/items string translatable
- General: Better customizer device widths
- General: Use generate_premium_get_media_query throughout modules
- General: Improve Customizer control styling