[Resolved] WPDiscuz Comment Templates

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WPDiscuz Comment Templates

Home Forums Support WPDiscuz Comment Templates

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hannah

good afternoon!

i’ve bee trying to install a WPDiscuz comment form into my theme using a combination of elementor and shortcodes. during the troubleshooting process, one of the tips that i’m testing out says that a theme may not have this code:
    <?php comments_template() ?>

i’ve been poking around the theme editor for generatepress and so far haven’t been able to find this particular bit of code, even with the help of ctrl+f.

it IS showing a comment box of sorts, but none of the WPDiscuz options are available, nor is the ‘submit’ button. before i moved on to some other troubleshooting attempts, i just wanted to ask if generatepress does include the previously mentioned slice of code.

Fixing Tip 6
    Some themes don’t use <?php comments_template() ?> WordPress template function, thus wpDiscuz can’t be loaded. You should contact to your active theme developers and ask them add this function in template files. More information here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/comments_template

any help would be much appreciated! thank you, and have a wonderful sunday!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Hannah

aahhHH i didn’t think to check single but how did i miss it on page. regardless! thank you so much! i’ll toy around a bit and try some more troubleshooting if this doesn’t work. 🙂

Thank you so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Franz

Hi Hannah,

did you found a solution to your problem? I have exactly the same problem with wpdiscuz, the plugin template is not loaded, but only the WP default template.

Kind regards

Franz

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Franz,

not sure if Hannah is still getting notifications on this topic.
    You may want to ask WpDiscuz… GP is using the core functions it requires so there should be no reason for it not to work.

Franz

Thanks David for your comment. In the meantime, I succeeded to use the comment template of wpdiscuz, so everything is ok. I appreciate your support very much!

Franz

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats great to hear… was there anything particular you had to do? Just in case another user has a similar question?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.