[Resolved] WooCommerce shop page – no custom content

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce shop page – no custom content

Home Forums Support WooCommerce shop page – no custom content

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jono

Hi there,

On my WooCommerce Shop page I added some content. This displayed on the Shop page above the product archive.

When I added a Page Hero Element with location Product Archive, the hero and product archive displays but the page content is gone.

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious! Thanks for any help.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Jono,

To get a better understanding of the issue, we’ll need to have an idea of what the missing “page content” is.

May you provide a screen recording or screen captures showing what this “page content” is and how it is added to the Product Archive page?

As an alternative, you may also provide us access to your website to check and investigate for the potential cause of this issue. You may put the credentials in the private information field for safety.

Hope to hear from you soon! Thank you!

Jono

Hi Fernanda, thank you! My apologies for the slow reply. Sending in private information.

– Jono

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Jono,

No problem! Thank you for getting back to me!

The reason why content is displayed in the Product Archive page is simply because it turns the “content” into a “description”. Technically, by WordPress default, what is displayed in the Product Archive page is a “description” and not a content.

Moving on, the “description” in the current structure of GeneratePress is connected to the title in general.

In turn, if you disable the title, you’ll also be disabling the description.

With that said, as a workaround to show the “description” and hide the title, one approach is to enable the title to show the “description”, and accordingly add a custom CSS to hide the title.

See this for reference: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Wnuq7gX8

Here is a custom CSS you can try to remove the title of the Product Archive Page:

.woocommerce-products-header__title.page-title {
    display:none;
    }

Here is a link you may refer to with regards to adding custom CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Another workaround is to simply add a new Block Element and hook it to something like woocommerce_before_shop_loop.

See this for reference: https://share.getcloudapp.com/2NuvmLZl

Hope this helps! 🙂

Jono

Hi Fernando! Thanks so much, you have written a very detailed answer. Really great.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Jono! Glad to have helped! Feel free to reach out anytime if you’ll need assistance with anything else! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.