[Resolved] WooCommerce Filter Button

Home Forums Support [Resolved] WooCommerce Filter Button

Home Forums Support WooCommerce Filter Button

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hey,

could you help or point me in the right direction?

I have a Product filter assigned to the Left Sidebar, which works great.

What I want to achieve is to – when on mobile to have the filters become a clickable button, and not just “expanded”. There are quite a few filters, and as such they take up to much of the screen, I’m having to scroll down just to see the products.

So basically, a button that is inline with the “Sort by” as the attached show. User clicks, it opens a slideout menu which houses the filter.

It isnt part of the plugin, but wondered if this can be achieved by WordPress natively, as it is essentially just a Widget.

Rob
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

probably doable with some custom JS – out of our scope but if you can share a link to the site i can take a look and provide some pointers.

Rob

Hi David

I sent a an email last week using the contact form. The message had the info for the hosts file IP etc.

I don’t know if you see if you still have it. I don’t have access to the IP at the moment or I would resend.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I only need the URL to have a look with dev tools 🙂 Is it the iceberg site?

Rob

Hi David

Thats the one yeah

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the basics are this – first off hide the contents of each of the filters on mobile:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .woof_block_html_items {
            display: none;
        }
    }

Then some jQuery to open and close them and apply a class to the heading which can be used for styling:

<script type="text/javascript">
      jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
        $('.woof_redraw_zone').find('.woof_container_inner h4').click(function(){

//Expand or collapse this panel
          $(this).toggleClass('toggled');
          $(this).next().slideToggle('fast');

});
      });
    </script>
    Rob

Thanks David.

That works perfectly, Ive since found another plugin that works better on the phone. But this will be my fallback if I get issues with it.

Quick Question, is there a hook available for placing thing next to the “Order by” drop down, I cant seem to find one. The plugin has the ability for placing filter in “custom hook”.

Please see link for what I mean.

Rob
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The sorting dropdown is hooked into the woocommerce_before_shop_loop
    So you could add something to the same hook and maybe some CSS to align the two – would probably need floats (urgh lol) to make that happen.

Rob

Thanks David

That works brilliantly!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.