[Resolved] Woo columns on tablet

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Woo columns on tablet

Home Forums Support Woo columns on tablet

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ash

Hi,

For categories I have 3 columns set for tablet, shows fine. But in tablet landscape it only shows 2.

Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for the standard size 9.7″ tablet i am seeing 3 columns on landscape.

Ash

Yh I reset the options and it started showing 3 on landscape, but now it’s the opposite. Set to 3, portrait is 2 and landscape 3.

On my current site woocommerce responsiveness is as follows

Mobile – Set to 2, Portrait 2, Landscape changes to 3
    Tablet – Set to 3, Portrait 3, Landscape changes to 4

This theme it’s doing as follows

Mobile – Set to 2, Portrait 2, Landscape 2
    Tablet – Set to 3, Portrait 2, Landscape changes to 3

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah the columns are based on ‘media widths’ as opposed to specific devices ( which is always hit and miss ).

Mobile is viewports upto 768px.
    Tablet is viewports from 769px to 1024px.

Hence the changes between 2 and 3 depending on portrait and landscape.

Do you want Tablet Portrait to be 3 ? If so add this CSS:

@media (max-width: 1024px) and (min-width: 600px) {
        .woocommerce .wc-columns-container.wc-tablet-columns-3 .products {
            -ms-grid-columns: (1fr)[3] !important;
            grid-template-columns: repeat(3, 1fr) !important;
        }
    }
    Ash

It’s a strange one, images are same as current site, it shows 3 columns in the cusomiser preview.

I don’t get why it’s showing 2 when it’s set to 3. I even changed mobile to 3 columns which makes them really small and it showed 3 fine in portrait and landscape. Maybe it’s a bug? As when I first opened this thread it was showing 3 in portrait but 2 in landscape, I reset the colums to original settings and moved it back to 3 and now its the other way round.

And it really should show an extra one in landscape instead of just enlagring them.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Customizer Tablet view is set to c. 900px – for the larger size tablets.

Ash

Yes but I had it at 3 columns and was fine on my tablets (ipad & fire). Opened this thread as it was only showing 2 in landscape though, reset the columns now its the other way round, not something I need css for when I know it showed fine in portrait before. Desktop and Mobile can be changed to whatever and they show as set but tablet wont.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Right now here’s what I’m seeing:

Desktop (anything above 1024px) = 4 columns
    769px – 1024px = 3 columns
    Anything under 769px = 2 columns

This is how the option is currently coded to work.

David’s CSS will make it display 3 columns all the way down to 600px, and anything under that will go back to 2 columns.

When you say “it’s the other way around”, what do you mean exactly?

Ash

Hi Tom,

Thanks I understand, and I know that css will work. But when I opened this post it was because tablet was set to 3 columns, showed 3 in portrait but only 2 in landscape tablet.

I reset the options to default and then back to 3 columns. But it was now showing 2 in portrait and 3 landscape (other way round) just seems strange I need to use css when I know it showed 3 columns in portrait perfectly fine before.

Surely it should just follow the setting, Mobile settings follow perfectly fine, just tablet seems to be playing up.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unless something else was interfering a landscape tablet would use the columns set for tablet or on the larger ipads it would use destkop as they are over 1024px.

Ash

Thanks, I will use the css for now and so some testing on a fresh install.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.