[Support request] Why my videos are taking very long time to open or load?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Why my videos are taking very long time to open or load?

Home Forums Support Why my videos are taking very long time to open or load?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leona

Hi, one page of my site has a lot of short videos (about 1-3min for each) that I uploaded directly from my computer [not from Youtube or so] , but when people in Mainland China tried to open it, most videos could not even show on that page, or the loading speed can take forever. I just wanna know is this because they are located in Mainland? But again, I didn’t choose to put an external platform like youtube link, all my videos are stored in media library.

Please help, thanks!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i cannot say whether there is an issue with main land china accessing those files. First thing you want to check is the File size of those videos – how big are they ?

Leona

Hi David,
    thanks for the reply!! I just checked the videos in my library.
    Only a few of them are around 300MB while the rests are only about 40MBs… I have compressed some of them, but still, it’s nearly impossible to open or watch the these videos when people land my site/page from Mainland China.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Those videos are really too large to serve them from your WP Server.
    You’re better off using a streaming service such as Vimeo for them or look for a Video Player plugin that provides a CDN streaming service.

Leona

Hi David,
    I see. Since I’m hosting a university’s website and we only have Youtube channel, so it’s not our first choice to register/open a Vimeo account at this moment… may I know how much should I compress for my videos in the media library? Is there a recommended size of the file so that videos could be played smoothly?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

may I know how much should I compress for my videos in the media library? Is there a recommended size of the file so that videos could be played smoothly?

That’s tough to tell as it depends on your server.

YOu would need to do some testing to determine what works for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.