[Resolved] When Upgrading to GP Premium 1.7.5 – What Will Happen to Existing GP Hooks?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] When Upgrading to GP Premium 1.7.5 – What Will Happen to Existing GP Hooks?

Home Forums Support When Upgrading to GP Premium 1.7.5 – What Will Happen to Existing GP Hooks?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott

I’m currently running GeneratePress 2.2 and GP Premium 1.7.4 with Elements and Sections not activated on a WP multisite with “GP Hooks” code in “wp_head” and “After Header Content” for each of the two sites.

Based on a newer standard single site WP installation that I set up a couple of days ago that is running GeneratePress 2.2.1 and GP Premium 1.7.5, I see and like the way Header and Hooks is now integrated into Elements . . . although I did initially “freak out” when I couldn’t find the old GP Hooks!

My questions:
    1. Will the existing GP Hooks in the non-updated site automatically “migrate” as Hooks in the new Elements if I activate Elements and then update both GeneratePress and GP Premium across the multisite?
    2. If they won’t “migrate”, is capturing the code in each Hook and then re-building the Hooks after I update GeneratePress and GP Premium in each subsite the right path forward?
    3. Any other tips or suggestions to make the transition with the least amount of “break/fix” required is appreciated.

Note: This is the significantly less complex of two WP multisite installations in which I need to navigate this upgrade.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
    Scott

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Old Hooks do not migrate across to Elements, instead a Legacy Hooks tab appears in the Elements interface. Please ensure that the old Hooks module remains activated. We provide a detailed video from one of our Site designers here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/moving-hooks-page-headers-to-elements/

Scott

David,
    Perfect! Just what I needed to know. I updated GeneratePress and GP premium to the current levels based on your note and after watching the second video. The legacy GP Hooks continue to be displayed as an option and function properly.

My compliments to the team for the foresight to implement the change in the manner that protects the Legacy GP Hooks.

I am closing this support topic. Thanks again for your help.
    Scott

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you for the great feedback, really appreciated and glad we could be of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.