[Resolved] Vertical space between items on mobile menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Vertical space between items on mobile menu

Home Forums Support Vertical space between items on mobile menu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

Hopefully I am explaining this clearly, I have not found this subject on the support forum. On my site, when I hit the hamburger menu mobile, all the items show but they are spaced close together vertically. I would like to have them spaced a bit farther apart for ease of use.

BTW I am using 1.4….hit the wrong box

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can use the mobile toggle to change the menu item height on mobile: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/menu-item-height-width/#height

CRISTO

Not sure that I understand. It says I need the spacing add on in GP premium. But my dashboard doesn’t show that. Also, not sure that I stated my problem correctly. The hamburger menu is fine, but when I click it and it brings up the menu items such as:

home
    trip planner
    etc, etc.

they are too close together on mobile. I want to separate these and make them fathere apart like:

home

trip planner

etc, etc.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The spacing add-on should be there: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-add-ons

And yes my solution should work. It will change the toggle height as well which looks quite thin currently and your logo is barely visible. Try using the customizer first and we can use CSS after if you prefer to keep the toggle that way.

CRISTO

Hi Leo, My add ons are already activated. I can make the changes you suggested, which is great by the way, but that does not solve my problem. I want vertical spacing between each menu item on mobile to increase so that they are not bunched together. Is there something I am not doing right?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Something else is overwriting the customizer options.

Do you have this CSS added?

.main-navigation.slideout-navigation .main-nav>ul>li>a {
        line-height: 20px;
    }
    CRISTO

You are my hero, Leo! Worked great…although I did change it from 20px to 40px. Turned out exactly how I wanted it. Thanks for the help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

CRISTO

I do worry about what is over riding my customizer options…..I only use very few plug-ins to avoid problems, but for now I will just ignore it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.