[Resolved] Using Dispatch Theme – Make Single Post Featured Image Simpler

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Using Dispatch Theme – Make Single Post Featured Image Simpler

Home Forums Support Using Dispatch Theme – Make Single Post Featured Image Simpler

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    April

I am using the dispatch theme to get the front page and content widgets for my magazine type site. However, I don’t like the look of the single post pages. I just want it to be very simple….

Featured Image, with no gradient, no container, etc. (Full width is fine as long as its responsive. My header images are typically all 560×315) under that title, under that categories…with a sidebar. What I consider more of a traditional post page.

FEATURED IMAGE
    TITLE
    Categories

How would I accomplish this without breaking the other parts that are working perfectly?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the single post uses an Element Header.

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Elements —> Single Post (Type = Header). Click Quick Edit and Save it as a Draft. You will see the change to the blog. If happy then you can delete this element.

April

That is much better but the featured image is still in a separate div at full-width. I need it in the <div ID=”primary” to be above the title with the widget at equal height instead of under the featured image. More similiar to what your layout “Marketer” has going on for its featured image and sidebar.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the Elements – can you go in and delete the trash.

April

OK before you said to go to quick edit and click save which saved Single Post to draft. I put it in the trash and did a permanent delete.

Still has the image in a separate div at the top. This is the div:

April

div class=”featured-image page-header-image-single grid-container grid-parent”

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats odd, can you flush any caches that you have. And then go to Customizer > Layout > Blog – Featured Image Single and change its location to below title to see if it changes place

April

This worked! TYVM!! It was set to “above content area”. I believe I can do the rest of the edits from here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome glad to be of help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.