[Support request] Using CPTs and Elementor creates empty spaces

Home Forums Support [Support request] Using CPTs and Elementor creates empty spaces

Home Forums Support Using CPTs and Elementor creates empty spaces

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Hi there!

I have a site I’m developing (put in url form, user and pass is bendaron)

I’m using GeneratePress Child Theme, Premium, and Elementor Pro.

I created a CPT for Free Tools and enabled Elementor editing. I have set my settings on this page to:

– content no sidebars
    – disable featured image
    – disable content title
    – page builder container full width

However, I have multiple areas of empty white space on the page.

1. Above the first section (header was built with Elementor / Element to merge)
    2. After the last part of the page content, right before the footer built with Elementor theme builder
    3. Beneath the same footer

I’m not quite sure what’s causing these as they aren’t happening on other pages. I can fix it by using negative margins in Elementor, but that makes me uneasy for the long term and I’d rather fix the actual issue.

Thanks for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not seeing anything obvious on the Free Tools page.

Since your entire page including header, navigation and footer are all created with Elementor, it’s unlikely that it’s a GP issue.

If you are using the page builder container option, all paddings from the theme should be removed.

Let me know if you need another look 🙂

Ben

Hi Leo,

Here are two screenshots of the areas that I’m having trouble with. They aren’t on the free tools main page, but a sub page (and it’s happening to all pages in the CPT). The main free tools page in the nav isn’t part of the CPT, it’s just a regular page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grocc6sor9ex5jq/Screenshot%202019-04-15%2021.51.06.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9ts00xy6m93r0t/Screenshot%202019-04-15%2021.52.19.png?dl=0

I’ve encountered this issue before with blog posts on other sites and have used negative margins to fix it – but I really don’t want to do that moving forward because one update could fix all of this and then I’d have to go fix all of the negative margins. If I use Elementor Canvas as the page layout, that fixes the issue – but takes away my header and footer. That’s what makes me think it’s a Generate Press issue and not Elementor.

Thanks for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.entry-content {
        margin-top: 0;
    }

Also looks like you are using GP’s header element to merge. If you are using Elementor for the header/navigation, I’d recommend checking with their support to this without using GP.

GP’s merge option should only be used if you are using GP’s header/navigation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.