[Resolved] Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.

Home Forums Support Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Randy

Starting today after the upgrade to wordpress 5.7, I can’t make any changes to my Elements.

In particular, I’ve tried changing each of several Hook Elements in GP Premium and GB Pro, and any time I click “Update” I get “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.”

These were all working perfectly before the upgrade to 5.7 and I was able to make changes and save. Help please!

Randy

In case it helps, if I look in the chrome dev console when I click the Update button and get the “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.” message, it shows a POST 403 error.

I’ve put the particular error and json in the private info box.

Randy

And the json below

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not able to replicate this on my end.

Have you tried:

1. Clearing any and all caches (browser, plugin, server, Cloudflare).
    2. Deactivating your other plugins to see if one of them is causing the issue

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Randy

I recleared all caches (cloudflare, browser, ezoic, kinsta) and restarted my computer, went back in and still am unable to save changes. json below.

I will try to disable all plugins as well, but is there a logfile or something where we can see what is triggering the error?

Randy

A went one by one and deactivated each plugin, then cleared cache, and still same error. Unable to save the Elements.

I can edit and save posts and pages and Elements just fine, just not Block – Hook elements, so that should be a clue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send us temporary admin login details so I can take a quick look?

Be sure not to paste any HTML into the private info box as it can mess up the layout of the page if it contains broken HTML.

Thanks!

Randy

Ok, narrowing it down further: I can edit and save hook elements, but not Block – Hook elements from GB Pro.

Nor can I save edits to my Global Styles in GB Pro, nor can I save edits to my GB Pro Local Templates.

So the common denominator seems to be something with GB Pro.

Thoughts on how to fix?

Randy

Sure, I’ve provided temp admin login details in the private box

Randy

Sorry forgot to provide login link as it is hidden

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you able to create new Global Styles?

I just created a test one (left it in there) with no issues. Curious to see if you can do the same.

Randy

Yes, I am able to create the new styles and make edits now as well.

I looked through my changelog and I had made a cloudflare firewall setting change a couple of days ago. I put the info in the private box.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m now getting that error when I go to update it (tried to change button font weight to 200).

GenerateBlocks Pro isn’t doing anything special when saving these blocks, so I’m assuming that those Cloudflare settings will likely cause issues with other plugins and even core WordPress features as well. They could be preventing the saving of data via the REST API, mistaking it for an attack.

For example:
    https://community.cloudflare.com/t/firewall-blocking-wp-editor-updates/158089/3
    https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/3527

Randy

I’m looking in my cloudflare firewall events log for the last 6 hours and the only ones getting blocked are these:
    /wp-json/wp/v2/gp_elements/3875

/wp-json/wp/v2/gblocks_global_style/3798

/wp-json/wp/v2/gp_elements/3851

(no other plugins or pages are showing blocked/challenged — more info below)

I’ll look into the workarounds shown in the links you sent as well.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Exactly – if you add those requests to the allow list, the issue should go away ๐Ÿ™‚

For others with the same issue, this is likely the solution: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/firewall-blocking-wp-editor-updates/158089/3

The path to allow for Elements would be: /wp-json/v2/gp_elements/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.