[Resolved] Transparent Header issue after upgrade

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Transparent Header issue after upgrade

Home Forums Support Transparent Header issue after upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Craig

Hello,
    Just updated the GP theme (btw – using a child) and the premium add-ons.

I’m using a transparent header on the home page (via merge site header setting), but it’s not working now. I just see the background color instead of the top of the hero image that should appear there.

It’s a localhost install, so I can’t provide a link.

Running PHP 5.5.24

The following was suggested on a Facebook group, but it doesn’t seem to help…

generate-merged-header .site-header {
    position: absolute;
    top: 20;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 1000;
    }

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The function should work if you’re using the “Content” area inside the Page Header metabox.

If you’re not using that content area, you’ll need to re-apply the absolute positioning.

Try adjusting the above CSS to this:

.generate-merged-header .site-header {
        position: absolute;
        top: 20px;
        left: 0;
        width: 100%;
        z-index: 1000;
    }
    Craig

Thanks Tom…it’s better. Transparency is back. The only issue now is that when I’m logged in to the dashboard, the top margin isn’t enough to keep it from covering my secondary menu.

Screenshot…
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz4ijh0luqut3h8/Screenshot%202016-07-11%2009.25.36.png?dl=0

NOTE: I’m using a revolution slider shortcode in the content settings of the page header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If the content you’re wanting to header to sit on top of it inside the content settings for the page header, the above CSS shouldn’t be necessary.

It would be great if I could see the site – any chance you have a live server to test it on?

For now, you can move your header down more by increasing that 20px value in the CSS.

Craig

Sorry…it’s on my local computer for a few more days.

Yep, I bumped up the top to 40px, and it’s OK…the only issue is when logged in to the dashboard it’s out of place due to the admin bar. I can live with this for now.

If I remove the CSS though, the content (rev slider) doesn’t appear. I even tried a few different z-index settings, but no luck.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Once you get it up on a live server let me know and we’ll get it working without the extra CSS πŸ™‚

Craig

Thanks mate.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Craig

Hi Tom,
    I went ahead and threw this up on my hosting server for testing & dev.

http://gptest.craigberrymedia.com

I went ahead and removed the CSS fix you supplied so you could see what’s happening.

In the header content area, I have a Revolution Slider shortcode.

In the page editor > page header> advanced settings, I have ‘merge with site header enabled’ and ‘transparent navigation’ enabled.

Thanks!
    Craig

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Craig,

I had neglected to realize that some people are using their own background (sliders in the content for example).

The new system works way better if your background is set in the add-on (color, image, video), but not so great if your background is in the content tab.

If you’d like to email me (https://generatepress.com/account), I can send you a beta version I’ve been working on today.

It has an option in “Advanced Settings” that says “Background image inside content tab”.

Once that’s checked, it should work just like it did before.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Craig

Sure! Would love to test it out.

My email address is craig@digicentralservices.com

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sent πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For anyone following along, a new option has been added into the next version for those of you wanting to use your own background method (slider in the content for example).

Will get the update out soon πŸ™‚

Dani

Hi.

I’m interested in that beta too. I have the same issue: merge with site header, don’t work with a slider like RevSlider.

Thx!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dani,

I’m trying to get the release ready for today, but it doesn’t hurt to have testers before releasing.

You can contact me through the contact form and I’ll send it over πŸ™‚ https://generatepress.com/contact

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.