Home Forums Support Translation issue.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Philippe

Hello Tom

I wish I could translate the words: Logged in as (connecté en tant que) in French and: Log out? (se déconnecter ?) in French, but I can not, even with Poedit.

Do you have an idea of the problem.

thank you.

Philippe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can translate it here: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-themes/generatepress/fr/default

Unfortunately the French translation doesn’t have an editor for GP, as no one wanted to take the extra step that the French language admins require on WordPress.org to become an editor.

If you’d like to become an editor so you can approve the translation and future translations for GP in French, let me know your WordPress.org username and I’ll request it.

jmarc

Hi Tom

I’ll be glad to help with the french translation 😉
    My WordPress.org username : jeanmarc

Regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks! If you could suggest the translation at the above link, I’ll request that you become an editor.

The French translation team is the only team I’ve seen that wants to talk to potential editors on Slack before making them official editors. If you’re good with that then I’ll request it 🙂

Philippe

So I made a suggestion on translation wordpress.org

Philippe

Philippe

Hello,

‘I ended up directly translate the term (Logged as) and (Logout?) Directly in the comments.php file, and I took the opportunity to move below the term (Disconnect?).

I then place the comments.php file in the child theme, and it works perfectly!

Philippe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome!

I just requested that you become a translation editor for fr_FR in GeneratePress – that way you can approve the translation and keep using the parent comments.php file, which is good as you’ll get any future updates to it 🙂

Philippe

Moi c’est pour le fr_FR 😉

Philippe

Yesterday I appeared in the topic list for translators fr_FR on wordpress.org, and today I have been deleted from this list, and another person took the translation I had made for himself.

Why ?

Philippe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – I don’t have any control over WordPress.org I’m afraid.

It looks like a global translator went ahead and approved the translation.

For some reason, it’s incredibly tough to get a translation editor for French accepted on WordPress.org.

Nikola

Hi Tom,

Is it possible to use language file if translation is not 100% done? If yes, how?

Serbian translation is 48% finished, I’ve submitted my translate suggestions, but I’m not sure whether it will be accepted and when.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Nikola.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is your WP.org username nklilic?

If so, I can request that you become a translation editor so you can approve the translations.

Let me know 🙂

Nikola

Yes, it is. 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve made the request – hopefully someone from the team answers soon 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.