[Resolved] synchronize generatepress and generateblocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] synchronize generatepress and generateblocks

Home Forums Support synchronize generatepress and generateblocks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    moy

I have a confusion…

Is it possible to synchronise generatepress padding settings and generateblocks padding settings?

Yesterday I was unable to optimise my pages for the mobile screen, then I discovered that generatepress padding settings and generateblocks padding settings were working separately. To optimize my website I had to start from scratch to make my website optimize for both mobile and desktop. Is it possible to synchronize generatepress and generatebloks settings so that I don’t have to set everything separately?

I was using multiple containers in a single container.

When I was using multiple one containers, I discovered that padding for outer and inner container CREATED MORE GAP between the mobile screen border and the content, I know it is possible to set padding settings separately for the inner and outer container. It would be greater if I could set the same settings on the inner and outer container and have a mobile-optimized view without having to set everything separately. Is it possible with “one container layout”?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GeneratePress and GenerateBlocks are two separate entities, so it will be difficult to synchronize them like that.

We can tell a GenerateBlocks container to use the same content padding values that are set within GeneratePress, is that what you’re hoping for?

Let me know 🙂

moy

sorry for the late reply, I just like to tell you my personal opinion. haha…

suppose, the container padding is set to 40 in generatepress. then you used generateblocks grid to create “6” containers (horizontally) within 1 container. Guess what will happen?

Each container of all 6 containers will have padding 40 in right and left side. And all the container will look like symmetric vertical rod in one row.

I made this dumb mistake and it took me almost a day to figure out the mistake. Then I calculate the ratio, each padding should have & set the padding for each container separately.

I like generatepress a lot and It would be great if I could set the ratio of the gap between containers in the generate blocks grid and set it up with generatepress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s possible to change the default padding of the Container blocks using a filter. We’ll also be adding pro features to change the defaults as well.

I’m not sure about setting up gap ratios, but setting the defaults is very easy: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/default-margins-for-containers/#post-13025697

moy

Using a filter? sounds interesting. How does it work? Will it create more HTTP request? I like to increase speed as much as possible.

You’ll be adding pro features!!!!!! I can’t wait for the official release.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Tom provide the PHP snippet you need to filter the padding here:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/default-margins-for-containers/#post-13025697

This is a server side function, it will not create additional HTTP Requests.

moy

okay got it. thank you very much for your assistance

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Michael

Hi there

It’s possible to change the default padding of the Container blocks using a filter. We’ll also be adding pro features to change the defaults as well.

Just wondering – did this make it into the current release of GenerateBlocks Pro?

Many thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GenerateBlocks Pro has a new Global Styles feature.
    This will allow you to set a global style for a container – you can then add a new block to the page, select the global style you need and in the future if you want to change it, simply edit the global style.

Michael

Hi David

Thanks – I’m already finding the global styles feature a useful time saver and helpful for organisation.

But the point about defaults is slightly different I feel. Specifically the 40px padding on containers as a default. i.e. when no global style is applied the containers still come with the padding set. Unsetting these via global styles is unrealistic I feel.

While searching for a solution I noticed having the option to set this by default has been mentioned a couple of times…

Tom: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/default-margins-for-containers/#post-13025697

Yourself: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/padding-for-gb-container-pr-default-set-to-40px/#post-1453707

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the defaults idea?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

An option to define Global Style as the block Default is something we’re still considering. We’re just working through how future proof that will be with future updates – don’t want to implement something that needs to be changed in the future.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.