[Resolved] Superfluous "by" on compressed blog post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Superfluous "by" on compressed blog post

Home Forums Support Superfluous "by" on compressed blog post

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cory

Hi Guys,

Great theme. I’m struggling a bit with the word “by” at the start of blog text (possibly hanging around from “by <author>”) on the compressed form of the blog. You can see it on my main page. The word “by” is not in the text, and if you click on “more”, you will see that it is not there. Any idea if I am causing that somehow?

The only other part I am having trouble with is turning off page comments, but I think that is more a wordpress issue than a template issue.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
    Cory

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you link me to your site so I can see what you mean?

As for comments, this should help: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/removing-comments/

Cory

Sorry about that, the link is:

http://softwareplusplus.com/

Only one humble blog entry right now πŸ™‚ but if you click on “read more” you can see the word by disappear from the first sentence.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting.

That “by” text is being taken from the “by” social icon you can see on the single post. They developed this button using real text, which the excerpt takes (as it should take all the text), and strips all of the HTML from it (so we can’t target and hide it).

You may need to find another icon for that network that doesn’t use real text – or stop the icons from showing up on the blog page (most social icon plugins have that option).

Let me know πŸ™‚

Cory

You were completely right. Thanks for the help. Found and fixed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.